Online web player not functioning

I’ve tried switching the servers but the latency stays 226 and nothing is playing when I click on my moods.

UPDATE: this was only a problem in Chrome, seems to work fine in Mozilla. I’m all good.

So as it happens, my situation did not in fact work out, whomp whomp. In both browsers the latency jacked up and during my session no one was able to hear my sounds and I wasn’t able to control the global volume it kept resetting to 100% every 3-4 seconds. The “Stop” button was non responsive and greyed out off and on as well. So typically I could start the soundset mood, it would play locally, deliver nothing to my audience, and then be un stoppable with out having to start another mood or just refresh the entire page. I tried clearing my cache and both Chrome and Mozilla browsers are up-to-date. I haven’t tried Edge yet though might trouble shoot that next.

Are Sunday’s just terrible days for latency here in the US? I love this service and want to keep supporting it but if I can’t get it to function 90% of the time that gets a tad frustrating. Thanks for your work.

Hi @jow1099,

We are taking a look at this for you.

A latency of 3-4 seconds in NOT the typical experience for Syrinscape users at ANY time of the week (and shouldn’t be either).

So, I suppose we are looking for something particular to YOUR device, or network, or setup… OR your account or assigned process on OUR server.

I’ll let you know how we go, and maybe dev will drop in to ask you some questions and/or get you to try some things. :robot: :hammer:

Thanks so much for replying so quickly! This all sounds great, please let me know how I can help furhter.

UPDATE:

I finally got to have a session a few weekends ago and test out the player again. I discovered re-sharing the link using the “Share” button in the master interface window seemed to resolve the issues! Hazzah I’m back in business. Love this service, keep up the great work!

2 Likes

Brilliant! Thanks for letting us know and glad to hear you are back in business! Got to keep those sounds going :grin: