Online Player slow down or freeze computer

Hi all, new user, player only. Really hope I can get this to work as our DM has worked hard on this! I’ve done research on the current threads but I cant seem to find anyone experiencing this. As soon as I launch the app my computer almost freeze, everything become painfully slow even moving a window or clicking on anything. Sound start to be very very scratchy. I’ve tried deactivating avast in case that was the issue (as I’ve read that on one of the threads) doesn’t help. My computer is fairly recent, my connection is 400mb and I’m connected via cable so I get full speed. The only two applications open are my browser (I’ve tried firefox and chrome in case one was the issue) and messenger app ( tried as well via both browser instead of the app. I’ve tried closing everything as well and I get sound scratch and slow, I can barely move the Syrinscape window, it’s frozen in place. I’ve updated everything there is to update and the computer run very smoothly otherwise. I’m not a genius with computers but I’m definitely not ignorant and I’ve tried everything I know.

Any avenues I could explore, I’m out of ideas as there isn’t any option on the app itself.

Here are my specs:

System Information

Time of this report: 1/23/2021, 16:55:46
         Machine name: 
           Machine Id: 
     Operating System: Windows 10 Home 64-bit (10.0, Build 18363) (18362.19h1_release.190318-1202)
             Language: English (Regional Setting: English)
  System Manufacturer: Dell Inc.
         System Model: XPS 15 9570
                 BIOS: 1.16.2 (type: UEFI)
            Processor: Intel(R) Core(TM) i7-8750H CPU @ 2.20GHz (12 CPUs), ~2.2GHz
               Memory: 16384MB RAM
  Available OS Memory: 16120MB RAM
            Page File: 12257MB used, 7446MB available
          Windows Dir: C:\WINDOWS
      DirectX Version: DirectX 12

Hi @davidlarochelle3d,

That sounds frustrating.

We are not currently receiving any other similar reports at the moment… so we should look first for something unique to your system.

I would Google for “Unity apps “. + the names and setup of your system, as the apps are built on Unity, so will suffer similar probs to other Unity apps… when they do happen.

Definitely take a look at your graphic drivers and check they are up to date (though in the past, that has usually led to a BLACK app rather than slowness).

In the meantime, while you search and test, note, you can run the Online Player app on most phones and tablets.

Let us know how you go!

Good hunting!

ALSO; watch out for actual goblins!

I’m running into this same issue, launching syrinscape online results in a nearly completely frozen PC in addition to the syrinscape-online application being completely non-responsive. The only way to bring the computer back to a usable state is to alt+f4 syrinscape-online, which immediately seems to free the CPU. It’s almost like something is CPU blocking.