Online Player memory heavy

About half of my players are deciding to abandon Syrinscape Online Player, saying to me that it’s slowing down their PCs. While the memory usage doesn’t appear too bad, it appears to be using a lot of my players’ GPUs.
Two of my players have shown me screenshots of the Online Player using 40% or just over of their GPU.
Is there anything I can do about this? I do so love Syrinscape and it would be a shame after everything I’ve invested in it to stop using it. However if my players are having issues then I don’t know what to do.

Any and all assistance given is greatly appreciated,
~Matt

I noticed last night that it was taking upwards of 2G of memory of my MacBook pro.
When it first starts it is at a reasonable 300M, but anytime I switch moods it goes up almost 50M. Even if switching between two moods.
Is it possible there is a memory leak? Or is it just not releasing memory properly

Hey all,

Thanks for reporting. :slight_smile:

My Online Player on my Windows 10 laptop uses up to a max of 5% CPU and 0% of GPU and 200MB-ish memory, so there’s definitely something weird happening here.

What device OS are your players on @mjbridge ?

NOTE: there are definitely some crashes and things we are hunting at the moment = on of the reasons there’s still that beta badge.

Run for a while and email logs to support@syrinscape.com

I’ll get my hunting gear! :smiley:

Latest version installed?

I am running 1.4.10-p0 on OS X 11.1

@benjamin

My Online Player on my Windows 10 laptop uses up to a max of 5% CPU and 0% of GPU and 200MB-ish memory, so there’s definitely something weird happening here.

Here are some screenshots from OS X’s Activity monitor showing the CPU and Memory usage.
I’m not seeing where I can gather logs. If there is anything else I can gather please let me know.

Thanks
~DrWiFi

I also run on a Mac and the memory usage is such that my MacBook pro actually generates an alert message that the app is sucking so much energy it would be best to turn it off. My players haven’t had too many issues, but for me operating the sound it seems excessive.

Mac issue?

Well met Nate,

I observed the same situation while using my MacBook Pro. Said computer is not at all a spring chicken, but yeah.

Meanwhile, my quite younger IPad often crashes the online player, requiring me to frequently reboot the online app.

Mind you, I see both as minor glitches that I suspect can be fixed.

I only wish we had sounds for the entire module — as I DM my party now through chapter 5 and beyond.

OK. That’s good info. @sonofconan will take a look at this. :slight_smile:

:octopus: :bug: :hammer: