Online (nee Master/Minion) imported sample volume problem

I’ve created a customised version of the Pact Worlds Medium Starship soundset for my PC’s ship, adding a voice countdown to the drift insertion mood (which since we’re playing Stars Without Number I’ve reskinned as a “Spike Drive”)

It plays great in the creator and the regular player, but when I try to play it through the Syrinscape Online player (and the Master/Minion before that) the voice comes through EXCEEDINGLY LOUD. I MEAN MIND-BLOWINGLY, SPEAKER RATTLINGLY LOUD. THINK OF THE LOUDEST THING YOU CAN POSSIBLY IMAGINE, THEN IMAGINE NOT BEING ABLE TO HEAR THAT THING OVER THE SOUND OF THAT VOICE. YES IT’S THAT LOUD.

Ahem.

I don’t seem to have this problem with other sounds, just this one. The only thing I can think of is that for this sound I’m using the “Metal Room” reverb, to get the effect of the voice ringing through ship’s corridors. Maybe that reverb setting isn’t playing nicely with the Online player.

If you want to have a look at it for yourselves, the soundset is Noble Ronin, the mood is Spike Drill and the two elements are Drift Jump (yours) and Attention (my custom sound)

(sound of wind and tumbleweed rolling past the camera…)

:smile: