Once again, my soundset I uploaded last night isn't showing up - RESOLVED

I uploaded a soundset, SE14g - Mourning. It went to 100% last night at around 2am (12 hours ago). I made sure to set the Fantasy player as the destination, which had messed me up before. As far as I know, none of the filenames had weird characters, which had messed me up before. It just inexplicably isn’t there.

Please, these sorts of glitches seem to happen every other week. Can you tell me what went wrong? Can you fix it? I’m trying to run a game, and four hours of work have now gone to waste.

Hey @ryanznock

OK. This has my attention. We’ve definitely got an issue right now. I just tested an upload and it didn’t work.

Though, helpfully, I see lots of other uploaded content from other users appearing on the server as usual. :open_mouth:

The dev team in Syrinscape will be awake in 3 hours and will get onto this straight away (because I will kick them). :smirk_cat:

Sorry for the gap in service and as always THANK YOU for your support as a sub!! :pie:

Hi @ryanznock

We’ve looked at your uploads.

It seems there is a broken sample:
artist - 1006 - 02 - Track 02.transcoded.ogg

Can you:

1. delete that sample from the element it is in
  2. re-import/transcode that sample
  3. put it back in the right place and upload again

Let us know how you go.

I’m pretty sure MY upload probs were an unrelated issue.

*crosses goblin fingers and toes

I don’t know what file that is. I’ll check it after the game.

Thanks for taking a look.

1 Like

Derp! OK. That’s actually a different user!

OK. Looking again!

Let’s do this instead!

1. Trying uploading again.

Tried uploading without changing anything. It worked fine this time. Which really is more frustrating, because now I’m just a victim of gremlins.

Gremlins with scalpels at that!!!

*confused look

*evil grin

kisses fingertips like an Italian chef

It worked tonight for this weekend’s session. Multo bene. Or however it’s spelled in Italian.

1 Like

So here’s an odd thing. I uploaded SE14j - Your Own Worst Enemy, and it shows up on the site under my campaigns, but it isn’t in the actual Fantasy Player to download.

@ryanznock Have a look now? I triggered a re-process.

*crosses goblin fingers and toes

Yep, it worked. Any idea why it didn’t take the first time? Is there, like, a time of night when the servers get ornery that I wake them up?

Was your SoundSet particularly big? What is the download size in the Player?

There are some timeouts set on the server in case things get stuck or content is tooooooo big.

OR… just Goblins… :smiley: