I’ll keep this topic updated when we deploy notable changes to the online player/creator beta.
The biggest changes in the online creator (vs the legacy creator) are:
- There is no need to download and install soundsets to use them. You always have instant access all your available content.
- There is no need to upload your soundsets to access them in the genre players. This should just happen automatically.
- The old “upload” button (see above) is now a “publish” button. This will flag your soundset for review by staff for publication as community content.
- You need to upload samples directly into an element now (via the
Element Playlistproperty inspector), instead of importing them into your local sample library.
- Many small bug fixes and user interface improvements.
11 Sep 2019
- Improve sample transcoding compatibility and no longer prefix long samples (>=10s) with 1s silence from long samples
- Make it clear that the soundset “publish” button is to request a soundset be published as community content - this is not required to access private soundsets in the genre players
- No longer filter sample library to samples that you have uploaded, show samples from all soundsets you have access to
- Show private soundsets in the campaign manager immediately
- Use the same sorting in genre players as the online player
20 Aug 2019
- Re-architect online player client and server protocol for improved scalability.
- Replace amplitude and wait bars with amplitude glow and wait ring animations.
- Report latency via master interface.
- Add reconnect button (near latency/version) that moves a game session to a new/different server.
- Performance optimisations.
14 Aug 2019
- Fix bug where typing into the soundset name field at just the right speed would be overwritten/undone by updates from the server as you type.
- Fix a bug where sample CC attribution license was not displayed correctly.
- Fix a bug where uploading multi-channel (5.1) samples could not be transcoded into MP3 format.
15 Jul 2019
- Add “Show in global oneshots” checkbox to element inspector for oneshots.
8 Jul 2019
- No longer clip info icon tooltips in element playlist and sample/element library
- Expose snapshot (required for genre player installation) status via spinner info icon next to soundset name
- Expose snapshot errors via info icon next to soundset name
- Add missing tooltips to soundset info icons
- Use spinner info icon on samples that are pending transcode, instead of an exclamation/warning icon
- Show an error when attempting to upload a sample bigger than 100 MB