No Sound in Online Player

Hello everyone. I had an issue where the Online Player would not play sounds, even though the web user interface was showing that the sounds were playing and the Online Player would show the current mood. I tried everything I could think of to fix this, restarting the PC, uninstalling and reinstalling the Online Player; I even tried installing it on my phone and it still showed the same problem.

It turned out that somehow the Global Volume in the master interface got set to zero. This was not obvious on the master interface, so I thought I would post this in case someone else ran into the same thing. It might also be nice if the Global Volume changed color when it gets set really low, just as it does when it gets set really high. This would have tipped me off immediately that something was different.

Yeah, it’d be interesting to have the app sense you click a button that would normally START some sound (eg a MOOD) and note the Global Volume is at 0 (or even 0-10) and pop up a warning.

Good idea! :slight_smile: :cupcake: :partying_face:

Same thing has happened for me with the Web Player… trying to play sounds when the TAB is muted (in Chrome). I wonder if TABS can tell they are muted?!

@sonofconan @ryan.cassar

@btottori Ta Da!

Check out the volume slider bars at the top of the UI. :slight_smile:

They now turn YELLOW when they hit zero… might save someone from making the mistake I have certainly made myself, of setting the volume to zero and then being completely mystified about why I can’t hear anything at all!

Thanks for the suggestion! :innocent: