New D&D 5e Module - Can someone help me make a campaign?

I am just about to begin DMing the Storm King’s Thunder campaign that just came out. It is D&D 5e and is pretty intense. I just don’t have the know how to get from this program what I know it can offer to my players, so if someone could help me make soundsets for this campaign or point me to one if it is already out there and I missed it I’d really appreciate it. I’m mostly focused on moods. I don’t think I’ll be doing a lot of sound effects but I always want the mood set well. background music ranging from tranquil to suspenseful to intense would be nice but i just don’t know how to search for it. Everything seems so specific. Thanks guys!

There’ll be a few people here, who are happy to help out, I’m sure.

Can you give us a quick list of the locations and creatures you’ll need to cover in the first big chunk of adventure and I’ll give you some SoundSets that will be right.

Also note:
1)You can key word search on the Campaign Manger page on the website (top right hand corner when you are logged in + make sure you are on the FANTASY tab)
2) On everything BUT iOS you can keyword search in the App at the top of the left hand column (searching is coming for iOS as soon as we can get a version approved by Apple)

Hope all that helps! :slight_smile:

We can certainly help, just tell us about the places your players will be, and what sorts of moods you want to invoke.

Just as a quick thing:

Calm travel, camping, general calm outdoors - Elven Vale Day, Elven Vale Night, Farmland, Wagon Train, Mountain Pass, Stony Beach, Desert, Desert Camp, Icy Wasteland, Swamp, Jungle. (most of these have some choices of inclement weather and/or distant monsters)

Uneasy outdoors - Witchwood, parts of both Elven Vales, others from calm travel

Magical outdoors - Magical Stone Circle, Mountaintop Portal.

Inclement weather - Storm, parts of both Elven Vales, Witchwood, Stony Shore, Desert

Villages and cities - Brindle Town, Myanmar, Friendly Tavern, parts of Tavern Brawl

Undertown - Sewer, Flooded Cavern, Dungeon Depths, Fountain Room

General Creep Factor - Spooky, parts of In the Siren’s Lair, Shimmering Veils, Disjunction Chamber, Magical Stone Circle, Mountaintop Portal.

There’s a Stone Giant Battle, that has a lot of good giant sounds. Chuck in some lightning from the Storm soundset and you’ll have some good sounds for storm giants, should the party be tangling with those (which I’m guessing they will eventually).

I’ve not read the adventure yet so don’t know what’s needed but like Ben & HECook said, let us know what you need and we’ll be happy to throw over some suggestions for you :grinning:

Great list by the way @HECook, you beat me to it! I’d just add to it Icy Wasteland and Mountain Pass for some additional inclement weather, especially at higher altitudes.

hope all of the comments above help and welcome to Syrinscape :smile:

Yep… what they said! :+1:

I really love our recent “Shadow Giants” too… some REALLY full on sounds there, if you want the battle s to be more on the WEIRD side!

Awesome. First session is tomorrow so I’ll whip something together but going forward I’ll let you know what kinds of stuff is coming up. The session after this one SHOULD be a trek to a “the dripping caves” and it has ogres, goblins, and a hidden black ooze monster. I’ll give more details. After tomorrow I should better know what I’ll need each session. I really appreciate it guys. I love the enthusiasm. No regrets on subscribing for sure :smiley:

1 Like

Cool!

We’ll dripping caves is definitely “Flooded Cavern”
Goblins is “Goblin battle”
Ooze is “Ooze Battle”

Hope you have a GREAT game!

Ogre battles and Lair of the Syrin should also work nicely and Smugglers Tunnels has some nice underwater noises should your players go for a dip

1 Like