New "Computer ID & Link Device" Every Time?

We Meet Again! Hello again Syrinscape! It is nearly 3 years later, but I am having a very similar problem. I had to take a break from my SuperSyrin subscription, but I got it back and I’m super excited to try out this Online Player! However, I just want to check and see what’s going on with my devices list: Every time I login, it seems to think I’m using another new computer. “My Devices” has a list of like 9 of the same device and its very confusing. It also makes it harder for me to identify my “minions” in the online player. In the past there was the idea the plugging in a USB thumb drive was confusing the player, but I would hope after 3 years we’ve managed to move past that problem.

Now, we have a question pertaining directly to the online player. If we close the online player and try to open it again, we get the “This device is not linked to any account” error. Then we have to do the Link Device action and put in a new 4 digit code again. This was for both myself and my “minion” friend testing it on his computer. Is it supposed to be doing that? Or should it remember us once we’ve done the link once?

Anyway, I realize its in Beta, so hopefully this info helps you guys get everything running exactly how you want it to. Please let me know if you have any ideas as to what I should do on my end. Thank you!

This should not be the case. Are you using WINE under Linux, or a virtual machine?

No, just my normal desktop computer; a Windows 10 PC. Is there any way for me to “clear out” the list of old devices? I’m just worried since they’re all the “same computer” if I get rid of one it will totally forget about this computer.

@dan you can remove/unlink devices from the Syrinscape Online control panel: https://www.syrinscape.com/online/cp/

You can also remove blessed (fantasy/sci-fi) devices from: https://www.syrinscape.com/account/devices/

The reason I ask is because I don’t want to remove my device then be unable to use Syrinscape. If I have 12 devices all with the same name, how do I know which one is the “right” one? And is there any way to keep this from happening?

For example, if I go to the Syricscape Online Control Panel, there is a list of 28 computers there. However, that is really only about 4-6 devices, but each one appears from 1-10 times, so I don’t know exactly how to deal with it. There must be something about the identification process that could be modified or updated so that every time you plug in a USB, external hard drive, or smartphone that the program wouldn’t think this is an entirely new computer. I don’t know what that is, of course (I don’t do any programming stuff), but I think if you could find a way to deal with that, it would make a more pleasant user experience!

Same exact issue here. Came to the forums to search for an answer.:disappointed:

@cjleger I just checked your account and there appears to be just a single device? Did you remove them all and start over? The only reason why the same device would require linking multiple times would be if its unique device ID is frequently changing. The device ID is derived from a combination of your hardware serial numbers. In the past attaching USB disks had the effect of changing the unique ID, but I thought that was resolved.

• What version of Windows are you using?
  • Are you disconnecting and reconnecting USB devices between sessions?
  • Does it require linkup every single time the app is launched, or daily, or randomly?
1 Like

Thanks for responding. Responsive support staff is a plus!

Yes, I removed everything and started over. I am using Windows 10 and other than a maybe a USB thumb drive, I can’t think of anything else I’d have plugged and unplugged. I can’t speak to frequency - but I know I had to link multiple times over a few days. It is ok right now. Fingers crossed.

1 Like

Hi folks. I’ve encountered the same issue. I couldn’t manage to remove devices from the Syrinscape Online control panel. Any help you could provide would be highly appreciated. I’m having this headache since I purchased a new laptop. In the old one, the hard disk failed, and I was forced to recover all my data using Salvage Data (salvagedata.com) services. I don’t know if it might be a “cause-effect” relationship between these two events. I hope the answer is simple and lies somewhere there. Many thanks for considering my request. Cheers!