Mummys Mask Adventure Path Ideas

I was wondering if anyone has any ideas for sound sets that I could use for Paizo’s Mummys Mask Adventure Path? We’re currently in book 4 - Secrets of the Sphynx.

I’ve got the ‘Desert’ set, but would really like more to break it up.

Regards

Russ

If you’d like to give some more detail on what happens in book 4, I can certainly recommend some soundsets to suit!

Hi,

The module is set predominantly in a giant stone sphinx. The inside is comprised of stone corridors and rooms. There are some fountains.

Monsters include:

Girtablilus
Monks
Banshee
Shadow demon
Spell casters
Mud elementals
Ghost & Spectres
Panthereon golem (whatever that is!)
Bodaks
Maftets
Guecubus
Zombie lords and other undead.

That’s about a 3rd of it and will be enough for the moment.

Thanks very much for your assistance.

Russ

All right all right!

Your stone sphinx would probably best be represented by the Dungeon Depths soundset, and Fountain Room for any fountains you might encounter. If there is an eeriness factor, I’d recommend some additional sound effects from Spooky or Elements: Horror. If you guys spend some time outside, Desert and Desert Camp may be of interest to you (the wind elements in particular).

Your Girtablilus are like centaurs, except they’re part scorpion instead of part horse. You could use standard fighting sounds from Bugbear Battle (growls, curses, weapon impacts, etc). For the scorpion elements, I’d grab the Insectoid Hive set from the Sci-Fi player and use the “skittering ones” and “critter movement” elements.

For Monks, I’d grab Hell’s Bright Shadow’s Redact and Revenge set. It has skeleton fights, zombie fights, and the Asmodeon Reactors is a monk battle.

For the Banshee, I’d use the the Voornith Battle. It has a fantastic eerie wail, just turn off the “squelching” and “paws” elements, and maybe add some sounds from “Deserted Desert House”, which has the elements “ghosts passing way too close,” and “a ghostly presence.” You can also use the Baleful Howl from Breaking the Bones of Hell’s Haunting Part 1.

Shadow Demon - I’d use the Nightgaunt Battle, with some of the shadow whispers/shadow vortex trigger from Ziggurat of Night.

Spellcasters - There’s Ezran - Male Wizard, and Kyra - Female Cleric. Also the Board Game Player has Spellcaster - Sorcerer, and Spellcaster - Sorceress.

Mud Elementals - I’d use the Ooze Battle for these guys.

Ghosts and Spectres - Breaking the Bones of Hell’s Haunting Part 1 has ghost sounds, as does Hook Mountain’s Haunted Heart.

Pathereon Golem - This is a clay golem with a cat head. I’d recommend Dream of the Yellow King’s Dream Quests II, the Ceramic Guardians mood.

Bodak - The deadly bodak, the undead with a stare that kills. I’d use sounds from Zombie Battle, Undead Battle, or Ghoul Battle, maybe with some curses and whatnot from Bugbear Battle, and one of the “mists” elements from Elements - Horror to represent the trails of smoke from its deadly eyes.

Maftets - are sort of like sphinxes (cat-like bodies with hawk wings). I’d recommend Tiger Battle with the “nightgaunt wings” element from Nightgaunt Battle. Scimitar sounds can be found in Kyra - Female Cleric.

Guecubus - This is an undead who can disrupt the earth around it. I’d use Undead Battle and some of Sci-Fi player’s Natural Disasters to bring in some earthquake rumbles and whatnot.

Zombie Lords, etc - You have Ghoul Battle, Undead Battle, and Zombie Battle for all your undead needs!

I hope that helps!

1 Like