Multiple "Layers"

For lack of a better term “layers” might be useful. I’ll explain. So when I have an encounter or a scene I’ll make a mood for it, as is intended :smiley: but lets say the PCs are in a forest then a fight breaks out. I would need to make a second mood for that. But lets say we had “layers”. Layer A is the forest, Layer B is the Combat sounds and Layer C is the music.
So when they are in the forest I start layer A of that mood then combat starts so I start up the combat sounds and the music by starting Layers B and C and when its over turning off B&C and the forest sounds remain.
The Combat sounds could be used over several A layer back ground moods so I may only need to make a few of those and start them up when its needed in any of my Layer A backgrounds.
Does this make sense?? Is it too much work for the convenience it may offer?? Or worse is it already a thing I don’t know about, haha.

Hey there Mike,
I think I understand what you mean. If I understand correctly, everything you say is in the player already.

The elements are basically your “layers”. A forest, a creature in combat, music. It’s just with this powerful tool we can add multiply layers. And then program them to moods.

For instance. One element/layer is a forest. Add that to a another that has distant orc sounds, and you have an orc infested forest. As I have said, the elements are “layer” that we add multiply to. We can then add a river, a camp fire, a wood pecker and this will give us a different part of the forest or another one entirely. Different music again changes that forest.

The good thing is that you can build your own elements and call them layers. Forest layer, music layer and combat lay. And add all the samples you want to each. Kinda what I do. I create one for heroes containing their shouts/weapons/spells and another much the same way for the creatures.

Go ahead and try it