MP3 music tracks and existing moods

Hi Folks,

I’m not sure on this one, so I thought I’d ask the question…

As I’ve mentioned in another thread, I’m starting our Strange Aeons game this weekend. I’ve recently finished watching Penny Dreadful Season 2 (great show) and purchased the sound track on iTunes. What I’d like to do is set up a mood that plays a specific track from the PD soundtrack, then launch into Ben’s great moods from the Strange Aeons sound sets when the track is finished.

So for example, as the players enter a room, I can click on a button in Map Tools, that instructs Syrinscape to play “Memento Mori” from PD, then when that’s finished, auto play the Torture mood from Prison of the Mind.

Is this possible with the SS Creator?

I have no problems converting the AAC to MP3’s etc. I just really haven’t used the creator, so I’m not sure on what’s possible.

Thanks,
Jim.

Yep that’s exactly what the Syrinscape SoundSet Creator is for!

You could copy the SA soundset upload your own music into it and then set up moods as you wish :smile:

Um…wouldn’t that be a copyright violation? Is there some way to get custom sound sets into the player without uploading to the Syrinscape site which is tantamount to distributing protected music?

Afaik it isn’t against copyright regulations as long as you only use it for your personal purpose aka not publish the soundset as community content.

When publishing it for everyone, in which case the uploaded content will be checked by Syrinscape stuff, you HAVE to make sure, that you’re not violating a copyright.

I say: basically you’re right, but you can see it like this - it’s just a more convenient way to play your purchased MP3 with a different player. :wink:

Perhaps I don’t see where the option is to not make it community content. Didn’t know that was possible.

Any soundsets that you build in the Syrinscape SoundSet Creator are uploaded to our server so that you can then sync the transcoded soundset to your devices. However ONLY you can access that content, so any music that you upload is still only accessible by you. If you wanted your soundsets to be made community content you would have to email us, provide us with a list of credits and confirm that none of the samples are copyrighted, only then would we make the soundset Community Content (after checking ourselves).

Does that make sense? :smile:

not only sense, but glory. Now if I could only upload anything. Not even new soundsets will go. I want to reinstall but not lose my work. Got a pointer to how to back up? I saw it in a youtube, but no idea which one.

1 Like

I found the tutorial: https://youtu.be/Kf0R9o14v3w?t=4m40s

1 Like

Great! Thank’s for letting me know. I was just searching back through my notes! :smile:

1 Like

With a time stamp and everything!

You are awesome! :smile:

Put this in the FAQ @Steve?

1 Like