Minimize, maximize, and close on surface go

I cannot seem to minimize, maximize, or close syrinscape with the buttons in the top right corner of the window on a surface go. Other programs are able to do all that normally.

I can close it by clicking it on the taskbar though.

This issue is still happening and there are a few other observations on the Surface Go:

The close button works if syrinscape of not maximized but the minimize and maximize buttons still don’t work.

If the tablet goes from desktop to tablet mode (usually when fipping it on its side), the bottom of the syrinscape window goes out of screen and cannot adjust volume through syrinscape. This can be fixed by switching the auto-hide option of the taskbar on and off. The syrinscape window doesn’t ever adjust itself to be sized to see the bottom of the syrinscape window sitting above the taskbar through. I always have to have the taskbar hidden

Also it would be nice if the tablets keyboard would appear onscreen when tapping on the search bar in syrinscape. Right now I have to open a separate on-screen keyboard app and then tap onto the search field in order to type. Every other app on the surface go just has a keyboard appear on-screen when clicking into a text field

{Sorry for not responding before)

Hmm… We’ve certainly never done any work on optimising Syrinscape for the Surface Go. Sorry you are getting weirdness.

I’m glad you’ve found some workarounds. Perhaps we should add these to our FAQ?

I’ll take a look at how many users are actually using Surface and if there are lots then point some dev time towards fixing these things. :slight_smile:

Just wanted to bump this as I came across this issue when trying to use my Surface Book (1st gen) in tablet mode for a session. Was very confused as to why Syrinscape min/max and close buttons wouldn’t work (all other apps seem to work ok).
At least it’s not just me!
Appreciate it may not demand dev time if there’s just the two of us, but could be symptomatic of a bigger issue?
It won’t stop me subscribing, but would be nice if it worked :slight_smile:

Just as an update to potentially aid other ‘sufferers’ or devs - it seems to be the switch to “tablet mode” that Syrinscape doesn’t like. You can switch to tablet mode without detaching the keyboard (on a Surface book, at any rate) - if you do this, the max/min and close buttons on Syrinscape don’t work properly (i.e. they seem to sometime, but not always, work).
In addition, If I try to detach the keyboard with Syrinscape running (which, on a surface book, is a button press, or software option), I am told that Syrinscape needs to close first - no other apps that I run seem to need closing before detaching, so maybe Syrinscape is not reporting to be ‘tablet-mode friendly’ or something like that.

Hmmm… interesting!

Something that may be linked - Syrinscape player (at least the Fantasy one) always starts up in Windowed mode - even if you had previously maximised it before you shut it down last time. This isn’t normal app behaviour. The reason it may be linked is that I believe that in tablet mode, all apps start up in full screen mode, and I think they actually cannot be ‘windowed’, so the fact that Syrinscape starts in windowed mode by default may be causing an issue in tablet mode (as well as being a little annoying, though not majorly so, in desktop mode).
HTH.

I have the same problems with my Surface Pro 6.

I had to force Syrinscape to use the System Enhanced scaling so it wasn’t so tiny I couldn’t read it.

But it won’t let me minimize, maximize or close in desktop mode. Same thing in tablet mode, which I don’t use.

I was hoping to use Syrinscape quickly and easily from my Surface since its much more powerful than my outdated Android tablet.

I’ll just have to keep playing around with it.

I don’t seem to have any problems when using the surface mouse on my surface go but the touch controls still don’t work at all to minimize, maximize, go to and from windowed mode and closing the window.

I can change soundsets and volumes and stuff in the app with the touch controls.