Midnight (Dark Fantasy)

Hello, guys!

I’m about to run a Midnight table and I’d love to have some suggestions as am I currently struggling with the portfolio.

Midnight is a Dark Fantasy, grim, violent world, where the “Dark Lord” won and now rules the realm with an iron fist. Games are often about insurgency and/or survival.

So I’m looking for dark eerie, windy, stormy, zombies, suspense, orcs. A lot of the Ravenloft stuff works but without the Gothic/Folk flare.

Any ideas?

Thanks in advance!

1 Like

The Elements - Horror set has a lot of various sounds for tension, suspense, mist, strange voices, etc, good for increasing the creep factor of whatever you use.

Shadows of Esteren - Dearg has a lot of really nice music for the moods you’re talking about.

The Book of Ebon Tides Introductory Set also has a lot of really good ones for what you’re talking about. The companion adventure sets from Tales from the Shadows (TFTS1) - The Night Messengers, Hunters of the Tenebrous Plain, and The Weeper in Shadow, have a lot of good stuff too.

For zombies, there’s Undead Battle, Zombie Battle, a couple of good ones in Descent in Avernus - Dungeon of the Dead Three 1 & 2 as well as Ghosts of Saltmarsh - Tammeraut’s Fate II. There’s more in the Curse of Strahd sets. The Sci-Fi player also has the Outbreak set, which could work if you switch off any more modern elements you don’t want. The Board Game Player also has Last Night", which is lots of zombies.

For storms - there is the Storm set, and then the Sci-Fi Player has the Natural Disasters set, which has a variety of options for weather (as well as earthquakes, monsoons, and volcanos). Alien Storm is also a good one for crazy lightning. Elements - Rain and Elements - Wind would also be useful.

For orcs - Battle of Wolven Pass, the Dragon of Icespire Peak sets have a few orc battles in them, Fall of Plaguestone - Ranger’s Request also has some orc battle sounds.

I hope this helps! Let me know if you need anything else! :slight_smile:

4 Likes

That’s incredible, it helps ALOT! Thanks!

2 Likes

Yup, @HECook is amazing! :heart: :pizza: :beers: