Menacing Water Flood Suggestions?

Hi there everyone!

So, my problem is that I can’t figure out if there’s any sound effect in SyrinScape for a strong water flood. The closest to what I need is “Flood!” element, but unfortunately it has weird goblin sounds in the very beginning.

What I need is to put my players in the situation where they are walking through an underground tunnel and starting to hear a sound of approaching water flood! It should roar, it should be menacing!

However, all I found so far is only nice and sweet water floods :C

Perhaps, I overlooked something?

Perhaps Down Comes Rain or Black Magga Battle, which have a collapsing dam, with a bit of Water Elemental for some additional power. Perhaps a nice sting one shot from the Elements - Horror set to start things off?

Hmmm. I tried those but I’m not sure how to make the effect “approach” characters, as if the Danger itself was chasing them. Becoming closer and closer!

Hmmm… Ah! How about Flooded Cavern’s “approaching the waterfall” one-shot? That increases in volume nicely, then you could dovetail it with running water once things have come to a head.

1 Like

Hmm that’s not a bad idea at all! Thanks!
I’ve also got a bit further and think of using “Flood!” which I liked too much but just start it with a sound turned off. I’ll wait for approx 6 secs while goblin is screaming and then will start slowly increase the volume.

Also quick question! Is it possible to somehow make sound “approaching” you? I’ve tried “Enable 3D positioning” feauture but I can’t figure out how to make the sound grow louder anyways. May you help me with that? As I said I want the water flood to chase the players!

If 3D positioning is enabled you need to give to set the direction of ware the sound is coming from and then set the speed at which the sound travels. Both are sliders under properties.