Sorry about the copy and past from our FAQ… but this is the info you need.
We have many people using Syrinscape on Catalina, but, yes, it objects a bit with a few warnings and often blocks the first run.
First give this a try:
- Shutdown Syrinscape completely
- Restart your system
- Restart Syrinscape
If you have no luck with that, then check you are running it the best way for the OS:
- download the DMG and drag the app to /Applications folder (ie don’t run it from inside the DMG)
- right click and select open instead of double clicking to launch the first time
- if Catalina asks for additional weird permissions (eg to monitor keyboard input), you can deny… We think this is due to the version of Unity this build is running on, and we do NOT and do NOT need to monitor keyboard input while the app is not active
- if it appears to be stuck, quit and re-launch the same way
This is an issue we are working on, and it will be fixed with our next released version.
Let us know how you go!