Love the idea of it, but don't understand

I am afraid I am going to have to cancel my subscription. This is such a cool idea, but I just don’t know what,or how or why I can’t get my sounds to my phone. I have been on this site for almost 2 days and the only thing I can access if free stuff. I want to run a campaign and this is very frustrating. I don’t want online version because I play at home. I must not be computer savvy, because I don’t understand this system at all. And yes Steve, I know that you gave me the info, but I still can’t do it.

Don’t give up! It can be frustrating to get technology to work sometimes but syrinscape is awesome, I can assure you that! It’s probably just something really small and stupid that is not working. I’m not sure what step you are at but there are several different downloads. Since you don’t want the online app, do you have the fantasy player downloaded?

Yes I have the fantasy player. I have free sounds on my phone, but I cannot get the extra sounds I want to my fantasy player on my phone.

Ok I don’t use my phone (I use my computer) but I will try downloading it and see if I’m getting the same issue.

I could use my computer too. No problem. I just cant get anything installed?

So first thing it asked my to do was sign in and ‘bless’ this device. I assume you did that. 2nd thing first one I tried to download it DID fail. Perhaps there is an issue here. Tried to download the bard spells and that did work though

I don’t mind using my computer if you can help that way. I am running windows 10, I downloaded that fantasy player on here, Now I am stuck. I added sounds to my campaign I dont know how to get it to the player

BTW thanks for your help

Oh no problem. I’m currently on my way to work and on my phone anyways. I personally use my computer and the online player and I have no issues there. Figured I would see if I could help on your side of things. So can you not download anything on the fantasy player at all? What does it say when you try to?

there is just nothing there to download

For me I had to click the top left to open the list, that do anything?

Also what sub do you have…maybe issue there?

It says “your purchase is ready to dowload and install” I hit the install soundset button, but nothing happens

"failed t0 recieve manifest for Imop for Goblin Arrows

Hmmm seems like a software issue. When you log on the site does it say what sub you have?

yes, I have the D&D sub

Failed to retrieve manifest usually means that the App is not able to verify your account with the server. This could be because of poor internet signal or a problem on the account itself. Checking the server though everything seems fine.

If you are using the Fantasy Player @amaryllis756 all that you should need to do is;

1. Register an account on the website (Which you have done)
  2. Download the free app from our website or the Apple/Play stores (make sure you have the latest version)
  3. Log into the app on your device and then click “instal this soundset” on any of the sets you have access to. A free account would just have access to the first 8 sets but since you have a sub “install should appear on them all”

If you are getting an error message then check your internet signal, soundsets are made up of lots of individual data packages so if your signal is weak then the App may not be able to properly retrieve everything.

Can you install those soundsets on another device, computer or tablet for example? If still no luck then email us at support with full details of the error message and the devices and operating systems you have tried so we can help you figure out what the problem could be. We see emails a lot quicker and so can always get back to you faster with help that way.

Hmmm well, not sure what else I can do. Maybe try logging out of everything. Delete the app and retry. That’s all I got lol. I wouldn’t give up though. Getting ahold of support would be your best bet if you have not done so already. support@syrinscape.com

1 Like

Thanks for helping out @jediconic! We have a fantastic community for helping one another! and as Jediconic said, I certainly wouldn’t give up @amaryllis756, we just need to get to the bottom of what is making it not work for you.

1 Like

At least I have it working on my laptop but not on my phone. I do have all the sounds that I need at this point, so I am content. Thank you