Listen to s sound before playing it for my players?

It would be awesome if I could listen to sounds/oneshots without it playing for my players online. That way I can look for appropriate sounds while they talk or are otherwise busy.

1 Like

Yes, I was thinking about that sort of thing the other day when I was DJing Live for D&DLiveā€¦ Iā€™ll have a think about it and see what I can come up withā€¦ it would certainly be POSSIBLEā€¦ maybe send the play commands temporarily ONLY to the GM (instead of all the following Players).

1 Like

I use the stand-alone player to preview sounds before using them on the Online player, myself.

Good ideaā€¦ so if we can make the Stand Alone Player Download and start playing MUCH faster that will be a good thingā€¦ we have PLANS! :slight_smile: :smiley: :bug::hammer:

Stand alone player doesnā€™t have as powerful a search function though.

Yes. That is something we are working on fixing right now as well! :smiley:

We need to be able to search for the next sound/mood/songs/whatever while the other one keeps playing. We need a two-headed tool that separates what we (as DM) are currently browsing from what we are broadcasting, so to speak

We need the ability to pin some sound sets as ā€œfavoritesā€, so we donā€™t have to search so much during a session and can prep the sound sets in advance.

We need to be able to limit the search options, by removing the Sci-Fi stuff, for example, from the list.

1 Like

This, at least, is covered here:
https://www.syrinscape.com/account/campaigns/

The other stuffā€¦ hmmmā€¦ I wonder how that would workā€¦ Thatā€™s starting to get a bit complicated to impliment/explain/use.

Thinkingā€¦

You could do this if you use VoiceMeeter. This is how I do Syrinscape in lieu of the online client for players. With VoiceMeeter, you can send sound to your headphones but cut it to the players.