Listen to s sound before playing it for my players?

It would be awesome if I could listen to sounds/oneshots without it playing for my players online. That way I can look for appropriate sounds while they talk or are otherwise busy.

1 Like

Yes, I was thinking about that sort of thing the other day when I was DJing Live for D&DLive… I’ll have a think about it and see what I can come up with… it would certainly be POSSIBLE… maybe send the play commands temporarily ONLY to the GM (instead of all the following Players).

1 Like

I use the stand-alone player to preview sounds before using them on the Online player, myself.

Good idea… so if we can make the Stand Alone Player Download and start playing MUCH faster that will be a good thing… we have PLANS! :slight_smile: :smiley: :bug::hammer:

Stand alone player doesn’t have as powerful a search function though.

Yes. That is something we are working on fixing right now as well! :smiley:

We need to be able to search for the next sound/mood/songs/whatever while the other one keeps playing. We need a two-headed tool that separates what we (as DM) are currently browsing from what we are broadcasting, so to speak

We need the ability to pin some sound sets as “favorites”, so we don’t have to search so much during a session and can prep the sound sets in advance.

We need to be able to limit the search options, by removing the Sci-Fi stuff, for example, from the list.

1 Like

This, at least, is covered here:
https://www.syrinscape.com/account/campaigns/

The other stuff… hmmm… I wonder how that would work… That’s starting to get a bit complicated to impliment/explain/use.

Thinking…

You could do this if you use VoiceMeeter. This is how I do Syrinscape in lieu of the online client for players. With VoiceMeeter, you can send sound to your headphones but cut it to the players.