Linux Support for Syrinscape?

Is there any plan for getting a Linux Syrinscape implementation?

4 Likes

Hi @tonystocker, Linux is on our wishlist but sadly the cost of development currently outweighs the number of people that would need it. That said the more people that request the feature then the more likely it is that we will be able to look at it. I’m going to add your suggestion to the vote list and that way if there are other Linux users on the forum they will be able to vote for it :smile:

3 Likes

Steve, not surprising, it’s unusual to see Linux support right away. I’m hopeful given that there’s usually a pretty big crossover between gaming and Linux geeks, that there will be enough demand. At the moment I have a way to use the product w/o Linux, but it’s always my goal to do as much in Linux as possible. I appreciate you putting it on the wishlist for voting! :smiley:

2 Likes

Does it work in Wine? Seems like a common work-around for linux.

I don’t know about Syrinscape, but I sure do! :stuck_out_tongue:

2 Likes

I just added Ubuntu to my Chromebook, and would like to use it someday for Syrinscape for my D&D games. Please add me to your list of Linux support requests!

Hi @horizon241,

Your name is added to the lists. :slight_smile: A regrettably short list, indeed, but a list never-the-less! :smiley:

Have you tried using Wine? Works for you.

put me down as well please :slight_smile: I love me a bit of linux

Your name is on now on the list :slight_smile:

a few people have told us that Syrinscape works well in Wine if that is of any help in the meantime. It’s not something that we’ve tested ourselves but if you do get it working then we would love to hear some feedback about how well it runs

Am I already on this list? If not, please add me!

I currently use it with wine, but get random connection losses. See this post: Logged out while playing

I have to relogin to syrinscape approximalty 5 times in a session of 4 hours. That’s really annoying, so sometimes I switch it off. But my players love Syrinscape and there’s currently no alternative. shrugs

1 Like

Please, add me also to the list of linux-wanted users :slight_smile:

+1 for me too. Have a paid account but have not really used it for lack of Linux support.

I’d like it too. I’ll try it out with wine later. (Currently on my windows partition)

+1 for Linux support, please! I know at least four other people that would want this. I’ll also be linking this forum to the various FB groups to see if anyone else has a need. The Linux community is growing fast as more and more people leave the two big guys in computing, so it wouldn’t surprise me if they’re just a silent majority.

You are a little late on this one, we have had a Linux build for a little while now :slight_smile:

What?! Google failed me, then.

1 Like

IMPOSSIBLE! :open_mouth: :smiley:

Google doesn’t fail us!

Only WE fail the Google!