LF Very Dramatic/Emotional Soundet

Has anybody found any particularly dramatic/emotional soundsets? I'm talking sad pianos, maybe rain, long drawn out chords that just shout "YOU SHOULD BE CRYING!!!"

I think we can all agree, Syrinscape has made some very exciting soundsets that easily get your blood pumping. I certainly have no trouble immersing my PCs in battle and have had very few struggles or awkward moments using this app (and fortunately the few awkward moments we *did* have were quite funny and we just moved on), but many of my PCs like emotional moments, tough decisions, and gritty realism just as much as the heroic fantasy stuff. Since I obtained Syrinscape I've begun DMing a solo campaign with my dear friend, Sam, and we were coming up on the dramatic moment where Bok, his lovable and loyal Half-Orc companion, was forced to sacrifice himself in order to save Sam's life from his own greed driven mistakes.

Of course as we approached this moment it quickly occurred to me that I had found absolutely nothing thusfar that would work for such an emotional moment like this one! The moment was ruined! How foolish of me! I assume that somewhere in the Pathfinder campaign soundsets  there's something for a moment like this, but I 'm not at all familiar with any of them. Any luck guys?
1 Like

I know this thread is very old but the question interest me, I really enjoy music in very emotional moments - the dices or the story has advanced and now they should face consequences or fate. I don’t know yet if a soundset match (I’m new to Syrinscape) but I can at least share how I’m doing it until now (maybe syrinscape will change things).

If a character is dying in a battle / violent moment, I like to put a very slow music to enforce the death coming something like Ave Maria of Gounod. For funeral or even depending the context I find nordic / viking music can play very nice - something like Herr Manneling of Garmarna can be used in many situations.

There is also a bunch of fantastic master piece in classical music, the requiem in particular (not only for dramatic - verdi requiem with dies irae ! mozart or dvorak).

Movies music is also nice (requiem for a dream !), the only problem is their length, they only last for 3-5 min so you should be carefull when to use them. If someone has some tips here I can use some advise.

I really like vocal tracks for emotions.

So is something matching on Syrinscape side out of the box?

There are not any really sweeping strings or soaring vocals, but the closest Syrinscape sets to what you want for an emotional soundtrack I think would be the Preserver Artifact set in the Sci-Fi player. Each of the various elements there has definite moods for things of great power, and mixing and matching those could give you an emotional soundtrack to a large number of scenes.

1 Like

There is one now! Shadows of Esteren - Dearg, has the most beautiful emotional music a GM could ask for!

1 Like

Just checked it out. That music is awesome! I am looking for more music for my campaign. Right now things seem very limited in scope. Is there a good place to look online that I can upload myself?

Icey Wasteland has some good dramatic music using their “cold piano” if you need something that loops.