LF Red Wedding Pirate Party

Hola! I’m running this in 6 hours but in case anybody can help in that time…

I’m DMing a session which I expect to go roughly as follows:

1. Party prepares in the pirate town for something to go down at the big party tonight, gathering info about the two main factions (investigative)
  2. Big party happens. Music, entertainment, and serious rivalries between pirate Princes (upbeat yet suspenseful)
  3. Red Wedding time! Assassins reveal themselves and strike, it all goes to hell and the party will (probably?) pick a side (swashbuckling carnage)
  4. Resolution: the party has saved and/or attempted to kill a pirate Prince, making friends, foes, and discoveries (denouement)

So far I have “High Seas Battle” which provides great general pirate ambiance, but I’m looking for more diversity in the music and moods to suit the above.

Trollskull Manor has a great variety of mood music, including investigative. Using Bustling Port Town or Skullport for town errands would be good.

The Vyre Banquet has a massacre at a party, so there’s your red wedding carnage. I like the “take 'em down” or “battle at the gate” music from Descent into Avernus for battle. Vyre Banquet also has just regular banquet sounds for the pre-carnage. The hoedown music from Gnomeland Security might be fun for the dancing.

There’s a number of victory playouts (can be searched for under “victory” or “conclusion”) but one I like is the piece called “A team”. Both upbeat but with complexity.

Thanks! I just finished the session and of course we didn’t actually get to the main event :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

I ran with Bustling Port Town, Saltmarsh Sinister Secret, and will check out what you recommended.

1 Like