Internet Connection Error

I’m running on a MacBook Pro with Mojave 10.14.6.

When I launch a new installation of SyrinScape, I get an error dialog saying “Attention! SyrinScape was not able to load its soundset data. Please check your internet connection. [OK]”

Internet connection is fine, no proxies or firewalls in place.

Is there a log file or something I can look at?

Thanks.

Oh, and if I hit [OK], it just tries for a few seconds with “SyrinScape is loading, please wait” and then redisplays the error.

We have many people using Syrinscape Mac’s without any issue so it looks like it will be a local issue that’s causing the problem
First give this a try:

1. Shutdown Syrinscape completely
  2. Restart your system
  3. Restart Syrinscape
    If you have no luck with that, then check you are running it the best way for the OS:
  4. download the DMG and drag the app to /Applications folder (ie don’t run it from inside the DMG)
  5. right click and select open instead of double clicking to launch the first time
  6. if the OS asks for additional weird permissions (eg to monitor keyboard input), you can deny… We think this is due to the version of Unity this build is running on, and we do NOT and do NOT need to monitor keyboard input while the app is not active
  7. if it appears to be stuck, quit and re-launch the same way
    This is an issue we are working on, and it will be fixed with our next released version.
    Let us know how you go!

Very interesting. Right-click [Open] worked! I need to look into the difference between that and double-click. Thanks for the help!

2 Likes

Yay! Excellent, glad it worked :grin:

1 Like