Index of Sounds?

Apologies if this has been covered elsewhere. Has there been any attempt made to index sounds in various categoies in a wiki or something similar? For example, there’s some very good battle music in the Giant Rat Battle soundset–betcha wouldn’t think to go there, first, but this could be ported to other uses quite easily.

Other than trial and error (or asking one-off questions on the forum), how do people find the elements they’re looking for?

That’s a good idea and I was thinking the same thing but for different reasons. A lot of sounds are duplicated and I would like to know where they all occur.

@HectorTrelane => The Library doesn’t suite your needs?

The players now feature a search menu so if you are looking for a particular sound the easiest way to do it is to use that function. @Gwydion also made a great list of all of the sounds and their ULI’s for people that use Third Party Integration to use Syrinscape in other programs such as VTT’s. Although I’m sure he will agree that with the amount of content that is released each month it takes quite a bit of updating to keep on top of it!

To Steve’s point, just to be clear, I have not updated the library of sounds I created in several months and don’t plan on updating anymore. Between the search functionality in the players themselves and Dulux-Oz’s soundlink library, I just felt it was duplicating effort. It was a ton of manual work and I’d prefer to support Dulux. I created the library before Dulux had come out with the soundlink library. I’m glad it was helpful to some!

1 Like

Taking a look-- it mostly does, although my copy (Dec 2016) is missing the “Alphabetically by Genre” category.

That’d be useful to answer question such as, “What might make good battle music/ambient background/highlight sound effects for this scene I have in mind?”

Yes, Dulux’s library is a fantastic resource, although that can only help a user in Fantasy Grounds.

Sorry to be dense. Where exactly do I find Dulux’s library?

First post of the DOE: Sound Extension Thread on the Fantasy Grounds Forums (I’m about to move the actual location, but the link on that post will be relevant no-matter what).

“Alphabetically by Genre” is a new one - I’ll have to think about how to go about it.

When I need to find something like what you’re asking I generally (at the moment) search via SoundSet - most of the sounds are grouped by genre (sort of) in their natural Soundset.

“Alphabetically by Genre” is listed in the module instructions along with the other ways you’ve got it sorted.

It’s a Fantasy Grounds module not something that comes with Syrinscape. As such I suppose we’re trespassing on this forum…

1 Like

No not at all, Dulux_Oz extension allows seamless integration between Syrinscape and Fantasy Grounds. Both us and FG are happy to promote it and each other :smile:

1 Like

So I did - my apologies, I don’t know what I was thinking (I do know that that was from a very early version and should probably have been removed)

Anyway, let me think on it and I’ll get back to you :smile:

1 Like

I wonder… We could get the server to export all the sample names…

Or all the tags associated with all SoundSets…

And then we could process these with a script and create something useful?

Would that be useful?!

ALSO: very very soon, we are having a major update to the store which will make searching much more useful.

You’ll be able to search all sorts of tags and text and genre and SoundSet type etc…

Give us 7 more days for this. :+1:

2 Likes

That sounds more like what I was looking for.