IMAC - Wont Run Online Player [SOLVED]

Mac is reading the player as malicious software. Please advise as this is the computer I want to use to run my games.

JB

Hi @tenbears1979,

We have many people using Syrinscape on Catalina, but, yes, it objects a bit with a few warnings and often blocks the first run.
First give this a try:

1. Shutdown Syrinscape completely
  2. Restart your system
  3. Restart Syrinscape

If you have no luck with that, then check you are running it the best way for the OS:

1. download the DMG and drag the app to /Applications folder (ie don’t run it from inside the DMG)
  2. right click and select open instead of double clicking to launch the first time
  3. if Catalina asks for additional weird permissions (eg to monitor keyboard input), you can deny… We think this is due to the version of Unity this build is running on, and we do NOT and do NOT need to monitor keyboard input while the app is not active
  4. if it appears to be stuck, quit and re-launch the same way

This is an issue we are working on, and it will be fixed with our next released version.

Let us know how you go! :slight_smile:

Tired both, says ‘malicious software’.

Just tried it again - this time it works. I’m not sure if you did something on that end or you have to just keep cracking!

That’s great to hear. :slight_smile:

MacOS is sometimes a bit obsessively cautious… and Syrinscape is not Microsoft Word!