Icons are gone?

Greetings!

I noticed when I started Syrinscape that the icons for several of the standard sounds were all missing? Is this something I can fix? Move a file someplace?

Thanks!

Jon

Hmmm… looks like you managed to break your Cache data for one of your SoundSets. Can you tell me. What hover over text you get at the bottom right when you mouse over the OneShots with the broken icon? You should be able to fix them, buy CLEARING (under the settings cog) and then reinstalling the relevant content.

Now I’m getting this error and all icons are ?s.

The Mouse overs on the icons seem fine. “Weapon Hits Chain Mail” “9th level spell” etc.

Okay, if I have to reinstall, by hand, all of my sound sets. Again.

WTF???

Why is there not a subscriber download or something that will do this for me? Why can’t I select where I want to put this (I know about adding the pointer to the directory) so that Syrinscape does this??

I mean, again, 32 bit and issues. Are you going to upgrade to 64? Are you just pushing everyone to the subscriber model and online?? GAH.

Can I clear just the cache and not have to redownload all of the soundsets?

@benjamin
Still waiting on an answer for this.

@evildmguy The “?” is displayed when the required image is could not be downloaded successfully, which could happen if you have intermittent connectivity issues.

That could also contribute to slow and inconsistent app loading times you have been seeing, as we do need to download a large-ish file on launch.

Can you please let me know where you are physically located (e.g. US West Coast, US East Coast, Europe, etc.) and then download and run the desktop Speedtest app (macOS and Windows):

https://www.speedtest.net/apps/mac

Try to select a server that is closest to Oregon or US West Coast if you can. The desktop app includes additional information (vs the web app) like jitter and packet loss.

Also, do you have two devices you could test with? E.g. mobile phone and tablet or desktop computer? And can you test over wired and wireless network connections?

My apologies in being late to respond to this. I hope to do so this weekend.

And plans changed.

I’m located in Des Moines, IA. MediaCom is my ISP. I have the 500Gb/s plan.

So, here is my wired connection on my desktop that I would play it.

I have a laptop on wireless I could use to test as well. I should be able to do that in a few. I don’t use mobile or tablet for Syrinscape.

Thanks!

Here is my wireless laptop speeds.

And all of the icons are on the laptop. Let me recheck the desktop.

Hmm. Icons are back on desktop. I didn’t time startup for it, though, but think it was faster. Maybe there was a hiccough and it finally cleaned up after itself?

Thanks!

1 Like

Hopefully so! May have just been a hiccup during the last validation that’s now righted itself. The main thing is it works now :slight_smile:

1 Like