How to get Syrinscape to pipe through ZOOM

I was using syrinscape no problem through zoom, but now that I am on Windows 10, it’s suddenly broken.

I say this to say that I KNOW it WILL pipe through ZOOM, but now Windows seems to have broken it. Fixes?

PLEASE don’t suggest Voicemeeter… I can NOT use it, for other reasons.

1 Like

OK I got it figured out. Zoom has an option under Share Screen>Advanced that allows sharing of computer audio only. Then turn on the original sound option for audio and it pipes amazing sound through- better than Skype.

1 Like

Do you have time perhaps to do a reasonably detailed tutorial for other here? I use Zoom as my chat thing of choice… it’d be nice to have this as an option for people. (who can’t use the Online Player, for one reason or another). :slight_smile:

Sure can, Ben.

I’m sitting in an airport at the moment and far from my computer to verify exact things to click, but I’ll be home next week and I can put one together then in a separate, appropriately titled post.

I dislike the online player for two reasons:

1. I have seven remote players and there is 100% always someone among them that has a hassle getting to hearing the sounds. It eats up valuable game time every single session as we troubleshoot together and get it working. Piping it is foolproof and completely transparent to the players. If they can hear me, they can hear the sounds, and no other action is required by them that wouldn’t already be required anyways if we didn’t have syrinscape sounds- they only have to click to join my call.

2. When audio is playing from a random list of sounds (say, “troll grunts”), everyone doesn’t hear the exact same sound from the random list. One player hears the troll yell out “Roh-syndik!” but another hears “Graaaaah!”. This leads to moments where some players laugh and others don’t understand why. Or some players say they want to investigate the distant scream they just heard, while other players heard spooky laughter. I am MUCH more of a fan of everyone hearing the exact same sound, at the exact same time. It’s more realistic that way and avoids confusion.

So, until the online player can be completely transparent to the players (no need to login, create accounts, or connect to anything on their end), and play the exact same sounds for everyone, I’ll be sticking with the desktop application. The zoom codec with “use original sound” turned on is the best in the business for piping syrinscape, btw. I’ve tested all the platforms you can think of I bet, and Zoom’s codec is the best for this use case- the sounds are super clear.

Hi Ben-

I actually inadvertently stumbled upon how to do this when I was trying to get spotify to run through zoom for my sessions (I like to use spotify to get a little extra variety for battle music).

I used this tutorial to get spotify up and running for the group but if you follow these steps and you’re running syrinscape from the same machine it will pipe through just fine:

Hope this helps!

Share Screen>Advanced is that under settings? Or when you’ve already started a recording, pressed screenshare, then selected share sound?

Thanks!