How long do soundsets take to upload?

Hi

Not sure if there’s a problem, or if I’m being impatient, but I uploaded a soundscape an hour ago, and it’s not showing up in the campaign manager.

How long should I wait before panicking? I would like to have time to test my set up before our game at 8pm (GMT)…

Might be a nice thing to add to the FAQ :wink:

Thanks

What does the log window in the lower left corner of the creator window say? Did it go through to 100%. If not, there may be something wrong with your soundset. Do you have included own samples or did you just use already in Syrinscape present samples?

Easiest way to check to see if it’s uploaded is to take a look at the bottom of the Campaign Manager and see if the set has appeared.

• If it has then the servers received it and it’s processing it so your set should appear in the player very soon (as long as there are no errors).
  • if it’s not there then it means something’s happened, such as a bad sample etc.

The most common fault for soundsets not appearing in the Players is not choosing a destination Player when you upload. In the Syrinscape Soundset Creator under the Soundset tab make sure the ‘Category’ box has either Fantasy or Sci-fi selected.

Can you see the soundset in the Campaign manager? If not let me know the soundsets name and I can check the server for you :smile:

1 Like

It did get to 100% but I can’t see it in the campaign manager soundscape list. It’s definitely set to the sci fi player.

It’s called “LOTP Sanctuary”

Really appreciate you taking a look: I can always run it from the Creator, but I’d definitely prefer the dedicated player!

Thanks again,
Tom

I definitely included my own samples, if that makes a difference.

So I’ve just checked and it’s not made it to the server, which most likely means either there’s an error, it’s to big, or the Creator was closed whilst it was still uploading. Since youve already said it made it to 100% we can rule out the last one :smile:

So that leaves us with the size or an error. If you have a lot of moods, samples or music you might want to think about breaking it down into two sets. If you look at our typical sets as a guide they normally are no larger than 80mb. Error wise make sure that all of your samples are WAV or OGG files and they need to be 16bit, 44k Samples (CD Quality) with all metadata stripped out otherwise the Creator will be unable to upload the sample.

Hmmm…

The export I did at the same time as the upload shows as 47.4 MB on disk, and the samples are all transcoded (from 44K wav) to ogg at 44100Hz. Not sure how to check that they are 16bit, but I suspect they are.

I’ll try another upload: would it help at all to make the export available? The only thing is that there is some of my own music there that isn’t licensed for public use (but should be OK for my own as I understand it)…

T

Second upload equally unsuccessful :frowning:

Are your own music samples the only other samples the you included? What format had the samples in the first place? My guess is that there is metadata included in some samples.

They were wav formats - I’ve found a tag stripper and am re-jigging the thing as we speak…

1 Like

OK, finally got it - thanks for the help, folks! I’ll know for next time…

1 Like

Anytime. Glad that your issues got solved so quickly - hopefully in time for your game.