Help! I need sounds for the Wild Hunt

The game is this Friday, and I want a dramatic sound introducing the PCs first meeting with the Wild Hunt. So I’m thinking hunting horn, baying supernatural hounds, general spooky Feyness, large number of hunters and hounds crashing through the Witchwood . . .

Does anyone have any suggestions how to put this together?

There’s a couple of great hound sounds - Barghest Battle, Yeth Hound, Spooky (has some werewolf howls), Lycanthrope Stalker (more wolf sounds and howls, plus battle sounds for hunting sounds), Haunting Part 1 has a baleful howl that’s pretty spooky, as does Voornith Battle (there’s a Wail there that’s freaky), Aria Park Protest has a big roar one-shot, Trouble in Kintargo has the mood Gorefangs battle (very mean-sounding canines). River Journey also has elements of big dogs and medium dogs for general barking while hunting. Thrushmoor has elements of “fungal wolves” and “fungal wolf howls” that would serve as well.

For a hunting horn - Battle of Wolven Pass has a horn, thought it’s pretty grand (though for fey, maybe just grand enough). There are other sets with a horn (Ogre Battle, Jungle (tropical) etc. but it’s the same sound). Thistletop has a Bunyip call that could either be a freaky hound or a very strange horn.

General spooky feyness - There’s the Spooky set, Shimmering Veils and Disjunction Chamber, and Elements Horror for atmosphere.

Crashing brush/trees - Storm set has an element called treefalls, Thrushmoor has elements of vine reaches/screeches, and Whispers on the Wind has a mood called “Horror Tree Battle” and there are several plant-like horror tree elements that would work.

Hunt sounds - Xin-Shalast has a “pounding hooves” element for the steeds of the Wild Hunt, while Aria Park Protest has several yells/roars that could be combined for the shouts of the Hunt. There is an “angry crowd” element, but that’s for a proper mob and might have too big a sound for what you’re looking for (unless you keep that sound level pretty low). Several of the elements of Bugbear Battle might serve for your hunters shouting and cursing as well. Tavern Brawl also has some sounds of men yelling and cursing and whatnot. If you have any women in your Hunt, Sabo from Trouble in Kintargo, Nualia from Thistletop, succubus from Silver Star, Tiarise from Records Hall, Thrushmoor has an element called “witch combat voicings” that would also work.

I hope that helps!

Wow! Great answer. Thank you!