Hard to find the right sounds

@sonofconan are you talking about the thick client or the online client’s hamburger menu, and are the links the same on both platforms?

@macdork The CSV download link is in the online player. It includes genre player (fantasy, sci-fi, etc.) AND online player links. The links are different.

@macdork

Using the CSV I created a script which builds my FG module in seconds. It’s working very well thanks to @sonofconan

1 Like

I’m doing something very similar, except I am using a script to output a module with links that dont require DOE to trigger them. Having that CSV was a major game changer.

3 Likes

@mattekure how it works?

THANKS to the people working on these integrations. :smiley:

My own personal request would be to ensure that the Online Player is the primary focus for NEW integrations in Fantasy Grounds, as there are numerous advantages to people using Syrinscape for remote gaming.

1. No need for people to download content in advance
  2. No need for Players to ALL have subscriptions
  3. new features coming = ability for Players to trigger their own Spells sounds and have these sounds blended into the stream for everyone
1 Like

I began working on a Fantasy Grounds solution last week and today I was finally able to complete my work on implementing an extension that allows me to use Syrinscape Online from within Fantasy Grounds. The links work great, and I have tested with several other DMs who use Syrinscape and its worked for them as well. Its easy to link the sounds into story entries to trigger manually whenever you want, or to make little sound boards collecting the sounds you want into one place.

My initial work requires a special module I created with the sound links imported from my CSV export (I am a supersyrin subscriber so I have all the links except for custom sounds people create). My next features I am working to develop is to allow the DM to import their own CSV file and immediately have access to all of their sounds. I also plan on developing the ability to auto trigger sounds when spells are cast or things like a critical hit occur.

I would love to demonstrate sometime.

Thank you so much for the support you are showing the community, having the syrinscape-online protocol handler and the CSV export has made this whole development process so much easier.

1 Like

I be happy to use the Online Player rather then searching for other solutions, the biggest issue is how long it takes to find anything even with the search. There is so many sound sets, if we could filter it to get rid of SCIFI sets, or get rid of certain D&D sets, it would help a lot when searching.

Example the players did something out of the ordinary and had a fight with some thieves for me to set up the sound for it quickly I search for “wave crashing” as it was near beach, nothing so I did beach. I got a huge amounts but selected stony beach did the job Clicked on gentle waves, then need campfire. First thing that come up was Earth Elemental, which never had camp fire Click Desert Nomad which did.

Ok so the fight is with thugs, so I search on thugs, nothing found, I then typed in fight and used the sounds in a hobogolbin fight. Do do all this it took 5 minutes. Having all the sets are great if you running those but trying to do home brews and trying to set things up, when you after elements not Soundsets are a pain.

Not sure of the answer but there has to be a better way.

Also if I want to modify and turn off one sound when i do this, its a huge paing, if only we could have another section showing sounds playing. Also having a huge amount of global one shots is useless especially half are Space stuff when you running a fantasy game.

While the Syrinscape crew is working on tagging and improvement, I can only offer a few suggestions to help find things as they are:

Vary your search terms - You might want “waves crashing” but you’d have more luck with just “waves”. There are “thugs”, “bandits”, or “raiders” for human foes. “Campfire” can get you some fire sounds, but also will “fireplace” or just “fire”. (Elemental - Earth actually does have a campfire sound, it’s called “mountain campfire ambiance”, which is a combination of crackling flames, a babbling brook, and birdsong.)

Search as it stands might not have your precise monster/area, so if you want to have, say, a dinosaur attack but there’s nothing specific, you just need claws and a roar and maybe a bite. Tiger Battle could stand in just as easily for a dinosaur battle, river water lapping could serve for an underground stream, Friendly Tavern could do double-duty as a town meeting hall.

If you get a chance, just listen to soundsets as you’re doing other non-gaming things so you get familiar with what’s available.

3 Likes

hey @adam

We’ve just recently released our brand new shiny search in beta. Wanna help us try it out?

It’s muuuuuuuuuuuuch better!

1 Like

@benjamin

I know this is old but want to thank you for the search with the new version of the master player. It is so easy to use. really great work.

3 Likes