Gloomhaven sound set?

Are there any plans to make a Gloomhaven soundset?
If not, which soundset would people recommend to go with the game? We’re about to start the campaign in the next week or so and to avoid spoilers I haven’t looked into what we might face so I guess I’m hoping someone who has already started can advise?

I’m not totally familiar with Gloomhaven, but I took a look around some reddit threads, stores, and YouTube, so lemme throw down my two cents.

As you’re playing various adventure characters, I’d recommend grabbing some of the Pathfinder Iconics (Valeros - Male Fighter, Merisiel - Female Rogue, Kyra - Female Cleric, Ezren - Male Wizard) or (from the Boardgame player) Spellcaster Sorcerer/Spellcaster Sorceress for your various character sounds. The town of Gloomhaven itself could be represented by Brindle Town or Magnimar, maybe with a little Spooky or Dungeon Depths to give it a more sinister air. Dungeon Depths works quite well for any dungeon, as does Sewer, Fountain Room, or Flooded Cavern. As to what else might work, it looks like there are several other types of locations. I noticed (on a quick perusal of the map) a mountainous area, a forest, and a swamp (along with the city and some potential dungeon locations). So Mountain Pass, Witchwood (or Elven Vale Day/Night), and Swamp could be useful. If you’re in the plains, Wagon Journey or Farmland.

Various monsters seem to be available to battle, though obviously I didn’t get a chance to see them all. Human bandits could be represented by Tavern Brawl with some arrow and sword noises from the one shots, while skeletons or undead by the Undead or Ghoul battles. For rats, there is a Giant Rat battle. Goblins, kobolds, bugbears (or orcs), ogres, and ettins all have their own battle soundsets too.

And if you want to sell something in Gloomhaven, how about the Creepy Shopkeeper?

3 Likes

Thanks @HECook that’s a fantastic answer! I’ve been reading up about Gloomhaven since I’d not played it myself but you’ve totally beat me to it :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Says @HECook and then writes 2 massive paragraphs of really useful info = YOU WIN! :smiley:

1 Like

My Google-fu is strong. :blush:

1 Like

Thanks Holly! If only everyone who answered with authority on subjects they don’t know about was as accurate and helpful (<- Political satire)
Really looking forward to starting the campaign. I’ll post back with a session report when we’ve done one :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@thedicecup

he he

You win :cookie: :lollipop: :beers:

Having official Gloomhaven sets would be AWESOME. I’m just about to start a campaign, and considering subscribing to Syrinscape. Bump +1 for Gloomhaven soundscapes (but thanks for those awesome initial ideas too of course!).

2 Likes