Global One Shots - RESOLVED

The big thing we are working on right now is a ‘far more easy way of getting sound to your friends playing in remote games’. Many people have reported that their players needing to: download & install the Online Player, create an account, link their Player App to their account, follow a link to join their GM’s game… is too complex to achieve.

We are working on a better solution… which I am getting VERY excited to share as soon as we are able.

3 Likes

Hey everybody! Bit late to the party but I specifically went searching for this thread cause I’d love to see this feature added. At the moment we can build a custom array of moods in the ‘Custom’ sound set, which is actually pretty intuitive and great. Would love to do the same with global oneshots. Being able to build the sound effects I need across all packs would be incredible and is the final feature I really need to feel complete with the program.

I also think the Syrinscape app is a bit clunky. I think even just adding a bit more feedback would make a HUGE difference to the app feel. When I press a button, a bit more colour and animation, even slightly, would make the whole experience silky. But mostly I just think that making a board of global oneshots is an amazing feature. As a new subscriber, this is the only feature I’d really want for the foreseeable future.

Keep up the great work!

Adding my vote to the mix as well. While I totally understand remote playability being top priority (especially in the pandemic), the global one shot panel customization is personally my highest priority.

Yes, please add my vote. The sounds are incredible, but the clunky interface was always such a huge bottleneck for me. I stopped using this only because it slowed my game down when I had to remember how to navigate to/find the sounds I wanted on the fly. I miss the sounds, though. Artistically, this is a marvel. Logistically, not so much.

1 Like

Hello,
add my vote too.
I definitely love the differents Soundsets, Moods and One Shots available, but we need a way to sort/add/remove Global One Shots, that is the most important feature missing for my own use right now.

Thanks !

1 Like

That’s good to know, I’ve tried many ways to get around the online complexity since everyone wants to use Discord which has no real good audio controls. There is always resistance to the complex player.

Also, revisiting when we might be able to remove or hide global one shots.

Count my voice as well. Starting a new soundset should be a blank slate with the ability to add/remove all elements/oneshots/music/whatever.

1 Like

Just want to give this a bump too! Would be great to switch up global one shots, for now I’ve taken to muting them all just encase I miss click.

Hi. Is there a fix for this? I’ve made a list of mt Global OneShots but they seem to be mixing in with a whole bunch of default ones. Doesn’t help that I’m doing a Fantasy game and have a load of SciFy OneShots that I have to scroll past to get to the ones I wanted. :slight_smile: Love the program though. QOL fix would be appreciated

PS. We use Online Player

lol this has been “on the list” since 19 and it still hasn’t happened?

This still hasn’t been fixed? What the hell?

Bump…I love getting everything nice and organized for my TTRPG sessions, and the mess of Global OneShots has my nerves jangled!

I’ll add my voice to the list as well. This is a frustrating issue for a tool which is meant to help organize sound.

Heya.

Thanks for you input (seriously).

There is an almost infinite amount of stuff we could/should do first. This one is still on the list, but we have done other stuff in the meantime, stuff that people have been clamouring for.

You adding your voice to this thread helps us to test what people are most asking for and makes it more likely for us to turn our attention here sooner.

in the meantime… you might like to look at the Remote Control links and have a go copying sorting some of those as a work around for the time being?

Are you using Syrinscape alongside a VTT?