Giantslayer Pathfinder AP

Any chance you are doing the Giantslayer AP for Pathfinder. I am currently running this and would love to have background for it. As it is now I am picking throught the fantasy genre to find something that fits.

Thereā€™s several soundsets you could use in the interim.

The Battle of Wolven Pass has more orc battle sounds than you could shake a stick at, good for the Battle of Bloodmarch Hill, then the Thistletop set from Burnt Offerings, which has dungeons levels and creepy tombs.

For the Hill Giantā€™s Pledge (really, for most of Giantslayers) you can use a lot of the soundsets for the Fortress of the Stone Giants, specifically Journey to Jorgunfist, or the Hook Mountain set Graul Farm.

Forge of the Giant God - the Ancient Library set from Fortress of the Stone Giants for ancient temple, along with Into the Valley for fighting giants. Add in the Stone Giant Fight or Hook Mountainā€™s Hook Mountain for the forge sounds. Glassworks from Burnt Offerings works for that too.

Ice Tomb of the Giant Queen - Go back to the Fortress of the Stone Giants for the giant camp, combining that with Icy Wasteland to make it cold. A little bit of Icy Wasteland with Thistletopā€™s dungeon/crypt sounds, or maybe some sounds from Spooky will give you the tomb itself, and add in some of the Zombie or Ghoul fight soundsets for the undead leader.

Anvil of Fire - Yā€™all already know what Iā€™m going to say for giant sounds, then add in the forge sounds again for some additional fire. Add in stuff from the Fire Elemental set for volcanic bubbling, and youā€™re mostly set there!

Shadow of the Storm Tyrant - Giant sounds, weā€™ve got covered. Use the Mountain Pass for some wind (maybe use some additional wind sounds from the Desert or Desert Camp or Icy Wasteland to really pump up the wind sounds from the flying castle). And thereā€™s a Red Dragon set to cover that big bad! The Red Dragon City Raid or the Dragon Battle also have crumbling rock sounds for things being hurled from the walls.

3 Likes

Awesome reply I will load them up for Saturday!
Thanks!

NOTE: Battle of Wolven Pass will only be visible if you are a SuperSyrin. Itā€™s Community Content created by the inestimable @Caldeth

1 Like

Where can one buy some Orc sounds if the Wolven Pass is subscription only? Thanks

The ā€œOgre Battleā€ set has some great sounds that can be used for battling Orcs, itā€™s actually where I got a lot of my inspiration from when I wrote ā€œBattle of Wolven Passā€. ā€œHook Mountain, Fort Rannickā€ also has some great ogre sounds which you can use for Orcs and that set has lots of nice mountain sounds effects as well. We definitely need to look at making a pure Orc soundset!

Thanksā€¦just bought em!

Steve,
Oopsā€¦I bought all those you listed, and now I see I doubled up on ā€˜Ogre Battleā€™ by purchasing the Hook Mountain Massacre Setā€¦any way to get that 3.99 back lol?

M

@dedonta Contact me on support at syrinscape dot com and we can organise a refund

OR

Give you a different SoundSet that youā€™d like.

Ben,
Thanks, I sent an email to the support email address.
Marcus

Hi @dedonta did you get this sorted? :smile:

yepā€¦thanks!! Ben took care of me. Iā€™ll be purchasing plenty more lol.

1 Like