Foundry Beginner Box (Menace Under Otari) Fewer Sounds Than My Syrinscape Subscription?

Howdy, awesome Syrinscape Support folks!

I’m new to Foundry, and I’ll be running the Beginner Box adventure “Menace Under Otari”, and the sounds are powered by Syrinscape. I’ve got a SuperSyrin subscription, and I’ve noticed that I have many more sound options in the Syrinscape Online Control panel than I do in the playlists inside Menace Under Otari. For instance, I don’t get the fight music, etc, just ambient sounds and a few sound effects for barricades, the dragon encounter, and the cinder rat.

Can I somehow fully integrate my Syrinscape into Foundry? Or even import the full soundscape from my Syrinscape account into the adventure?

I’d love to have a one-stop solution to get the full audio experience from inside Foundry if possible.

I’m a World Builder level subscriber to the Forge if that’s helpful in connecting the two.

Thanks, anyone!

Heya @fredlangart,

Yeah, the integrated sounds they build into the module are really only a half-taste of the goodness you KNOW is in Syrinscape normally.

You’ll want to take a look at the Syrincontrol module… that’ll get the full power of our sounds going directly inside Foundry.

Reach out here if you have any probs as the creator and many other enthusiastic supporter are here.

ALSO: if YOU didn’t know about Syrincontrol then many others Foundry community may not too.

SPREAD THE WORD! :slight_smile: :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks, Ben. I got Syrinscape Control set up–but I’m getting a lot of cutting out of the audio when I activate something like a battle scene–to the point that the audio eventually cuts out entirely after a few seconds of static-y stuttering. Obviously that’s not what you intended. I’m hoping it’s a common setting on my end. Any thoughts as to how to optimize this so I don’t crash the audio each time?

Heya, OK. Have another go. I’ve taken a look at the content and found a couple of things that would have been hurting the Web Player performance (for technical reasons about the way the Web Player works compared to the Online Player).

We have been going through and ensuring that all our content plays on a REALLY old laptop that we have dug up, and we hadn’t got to this content yet. :robot: :hammer:

Have another go and let us know how it performs. Smoothly now? :pizza:

THEN if it is working smoothly… spread the word! :smiley: