For use over the internet instead of the table

I can actually say officially we are beginning dev on our Master/Minion remote play system. Woot!

…well probably can’t say it officially… we’re probably meant to do that in some kind of Press Release (sorry PR).

I can say UNofficially that we ARE doing this! :smiley: :beers:

1 Like

Woot awesome!! (Damn 20 character limit :grin:)

Fantastic to hear !! I also have been muddling through with VAC and Voicemeeter- They work great, don’t get me wrong but can be a bit tricky to set-up for a novice. Plus managing the volume can be tricky. ( Some sounds are much louder than others at times?)

Having a Server/ Client version to push music/ effects to my players would be amazing!

Side note- the Mercer sounds are hilarious !

Extra side note- Any plans to be able to add sounds/ alter the bottom right corner (Quick sounds) ?

Cheers and keep up the great work !

Kev

1 Like

Hi @Kev glad to hear you like the Critical Role sets, their fantastic aren’t they!
And yes as Ben said we are working on the Master/minion system now, which seems really popular with people. I personally can’t wait to be able to use it! :grin:

Being able to set your own ‘one-shots’ is definitely on our to-do list and seems to be feature people would love to see. The more people that ask us about it the more it moves up the list so keep bugging us! In the meantime if you have access to the Syrinscape Creator you could build a soundsets with all of your favourite one-shots.

Cheers
~Steve

This master/minion system is my biggest wish, and this is so exciting. My players still love the sounds over discord. That said, even at the highest bit rate the sound quality loss is heartbreaking b/c the sounds in full quality are sooo amazing. Would be happy to help beta test this if your devs need any volunteers!

1 Like

@kageus Which VTT are you using?

The reason I ask is that IF you are using Fantasy Grounds then there is a plug-in (known as an Extension) which allows the same functionality with master/minion Syrinscape available now for free.

I’m not sure if you’re award of it or not - but it is another option

Cheers

1 Like

The Sound Extension for Fantasy Grounds requires every player to have a Syrinscape subscription. (unless you are using VoIP) Atm I can’t ask everyone I play with to also sub…(although I wish they would!)

The way I understood the master/minion system was that only the master would need to have a subscription to Syrinscape. Have I misunderstood?

True, the DOE: Sound is not a perfect solution, and yes, you either need to pump the sound down Teamspeak or Skype or whatever, or yes each player needs a copy/subscription to Syrinscape. But as an interim solution until we’ve got something better these ways of getting sound to our players seems to reasonably popular - and as I said, all I was doing was pointing out a potential alternative that is available right now!

As far as the master/minion model is concerned - I don’t know if everyone is going to need a sub or not; I haven’t been informed :smile:

Cheers

Hi,

Ah but every player does NOT need a sub, as you can sign into 3 devices at once per account.

Cool, huh?

And yes, the idea of the Master/Miniom player will be that the Players and mooch of the GM/DM’s account.

Sorry Ben, please let me clarify - are you saying that (using the DOE: Sound as an example) that the GM and up to two others can use the GM’s Syrinscape sub on three different PCs each in a different location (eg Australia, the UK and the USA)?

Hi @Dulux_Oz, yes in theory that’s how it could work. Your subscription allows you to simultaneously run three copies of the player on three blessed devises so you could allow two players to log on using your account if you wanted to. obviously its not the best way to do it but until the minion/master app is released you could work this way :smile:

Of course if one of your friends ALSO had a subscription then that means that six of you can use the awesome sounds :wink:

I’ll be extremely excited the day this feature goes live. I’m continuously bummed by Roll20’s jukebox limitations but have done too much work there to really consider another VTT at this time.

When this is available, I’ll be re-subscribing to full version to edit in my own music.

1 Like

Thanks! :smile: @schneiderpants

Hey guys I’m just checking to see if there’s been any movement on this idea of master/minion? I let go of my subscription because it was not very useful to me without this ability. I love Syrinscape and I hope I hope to see this develop sometime this year, at least in beta. And I will still throw some money via a Kickstarter if needed, Ben.

1 Like

Hey @dahgda We are aiming to have a beta version of this thing ready by… (picks a random amount of time)… he he… I hesitant to give dates nowadays, because things ALWAYS take longer than I hope… but what I CAN tell you is, we are working on it now!

Sooo… I guess that means hold off on a subscription for the moment and watch this space? Yes?

1 Like

The phrase your looking for, Ben, is Soon™ :smile:

(Google it)

Cheers

3 Likes

@dahgda Have you tried the fanburst settings on roll20? I made an account on there, download music from youtube and upload it through my fanburst account, but it takes about half an hour for it to appear on the list

No - it plays the sounds on the other computers? Or does it go thru my computer’s mic?

This might be a stopgap until Syrinscape shakes all the bugs out. Though I still volunteer to be a beta tester when you need some, Been :wink:

Hey, all. I don’t want to spam this channel, but if you haven’t already, check out the protip #21 where we discuss streaming syrinscape to a direct audio stream. Instead of using Teamspeak or Discord (which I’ve done both), I’m now streaming to a direct audio stream by opening a port on my ip address and using VLC. I’ve already held a few sessions with the players and they definitely agree the quality is better than the VOIP. My setup is more complicated (as you will see if you watch the videos I posted) as I stream on Twitch, but the concepts should still apply whether or not you stream your game.

Hope it is helpful as an alternative until the master/minion is implemented. My videos are all Fantasy Grounds as that is all I’ve ever used, but I assume the concept of the direct audio stream should work the same whether you use FG or Roll20.

1 Like

I’m waiting for the 3rd party fix on Mac… I can’t wait for use your FG extension for using Syrinscape…

2 Likes