Feedback Time! What do you want from Syrinscape for Starfinder?!

Please give us some feedback on exactly how @Syrinscape SoundSets will work for
Paizo’s #Starfinder. Listen to me ramble on for 7 minutes about what we are currently planning and then give us your ideas! THANKS IN ADVANCE!!!

I like the idea of all the different areas of a ship each having their own sound set. I likely won’t be playing Starfinder but I would like to run some sci-fi games in the future and this would be great to have available.

Thanks!

1 Like

Hi Ben,

I’m really glad to see you doing a whole bunch more Sci-Fi content!!

My wishlist (and sorry if its a little generic, I’m still thinking Star Wars in the back of my head)

1. Location Transition Sounds - I really like having a smooth and easy process to help signify changing locations for my players. For example when my players begin to get distracted while in hyper space travel, I drop a exiting hyper space sound to signify the change in status. This pulls my players attention back to the moment in play and focuses there attention.

2. Combat Sounds as Background - I don’t stop in combat to find sounds too often, most of the time I use to set tempo like “This sounds like your winning” or “That sounds like our ship is about to explode” that way I can subtly influence the way the players think things are going without just saying it or putting numbers to the situation.

3 Likes

Hi @ghostsight
Yes we will be working on both of those. With Starfinder coming out in August the Sci-fi player is going to be getting LOTS of new content. I for one can’t wait! :smile:

Just noticed that the release calendar has been updated to show Starfinder sound sets are coming, that’s awesome! Also appreciate the Cthulhu icon too :smile:

1 Like

Yep we will be releasing new content in tandem as Paizo release’s its new Starfinder books. :smile:

1 Like

Seems silly but just the fact you will have accompanying sounds at launch makes me want to play Starfinder!

2 Likes

@NotRussellCrowe
Syrinscape = costing you Starfinder monies!!! :smiley:

1 Like

Quick question about the soundscape schedule, now that Starfinder is coming (which does look mighty cool and I will definitely be picking up) - What about the M&M soundsets that were moved for the Starfinder content? There were a few upcoming ones I recall (Star Screamer and Skyjack) that sounded interesting. Particularly Skyjack, as I was hoping that was modern plane sounds, which would be super fun if you were doing a “Terror at 20,000 Feet” or any number of modern action movie scenarios. Is any of that content (any that was in production) going to be recycled or re-purposed for later sets?

Also curious about what’s going on with the Fantasy player schedule - it’s been a while since the scheduled sets for Fantasy have come out, about two months or so. Are we in a delay because of convention season (you busy busy bees)? Just wanted to make sure they hadn’t gotten stuck somewhere.

Looking forward to Starfinder and what weird wonderfulness that will bring!

1 Like

@HECook The May Fantasy SoundPack will come out Veeeeery soon…just getting final approval from Paizo. We had individual releases then already (the two Paizo NPCs for this month)… what we really have to do is update the Schedule… lol Suffice to say we’ll always release 6 AP Chapters per year, plus a whole lot of other stuff, in bits and pieces… and yes, CONVENTIONS!!! :smiley:

As for Sci-fi stuff, yes, the Starfinder stuff is displacing other Sci-fi stuff for the moment… but if you have things you really want, definitely mention like you have…

We really need to do a proper survey soon, to set our priorities by what our users actually want… though that could be different for every single person!! :smiley:

1 Like

Yar yar, liked the NPCs immensely (Tavern Keep will probably come into play every campaign while I think most of my players will love to hate the High Priest of Razmir)!

Good to hear Dreams of the Yellow King are coming soon. (Come on Paizo, you know Ben and co. have that stuff nailed! shakes tiny fist in Paizo’s direction)

Best of luck in your conventions! :slight_smile:

2 Likes