Fantasy Player Won't Update Custom Sets

Hello,
I have been unable to get my Fantasy Player to update one of my own custom sets, as well as another that someone in the community did. They always show with a red flag on them, but when I try to update, it runs through the motions (showing a red bar move from left to right on the title box in the left column), but no message across the top of the screen indicating a download is in process. I have my own custom set that shows correctly with the Online Player, but for the Fantasy Player, is is not updated to show the changes I’ve made to the sound lineup or arrangement on the Online Player.

Might anyone have a suggestion on how to fix this issue (which has been going on for over a month now).

Hi @acroyear4, :slight_smile:

Sometimes the flag can get stuck on. Does you SoundSet, actually look like it may actually be up to date.

AND/OR let me know the name of the SoundSet and I’ll give it a bump. :robot: :hammer:

Hi Ben,
My Fantasy Player reads that it is version 1.4.3-20190527. That does seem like a while ago (May 2019). How do I update the version? Do I need to uninstall it and download it again, or would just downloading it again overwrite the existing file with the updates?

Also, in case you need it, the custom sound set I am having difficulty updating is called DM’s Classic Adventure.

That is an older version.

Just run the latest installer from the website and it will update right over the top of the old one.

Let us know how you go. :smiley:

Hello Again,
I was successful in downloading the newest version of the Fantasy Player (version 1.4.10-PO), but I still have no luck getting my custom sound set titled DM’s Classic Adventure to update. I also see I have another custom set (not one that I created) that will also not update; it is titled Sleeping Dragon’s Wake: Bronze Shrine. I did try clearing the sound data for my own custom sound set and then reloading it, but it did not load the updated version, just the old one, and then red flagged it again.

To make sure all was working as intended, I did download a new sound set called Iron Golem Battle, and that one loaded up quickly with no issue (and wow, what a great sound set!).

Would you be able to give the two troublesome sound sets a “bump” as you mentioned before? When you have time, of course (not a rush).

Hello again,
I’m still having this issue with the Fantasy Player not updating custom sets. In fact, yesterday I updated my Fantasy Player on my tablet to the newest version in preparation for my first in-person D&D session in over 16 months (with my grandsons), and when I downloaded my DM’s Classic Adventure (my custom set) I got the old version that will not update for my Fantasy Player on my computer. This is odd because the Online Player shows the correct updated version of the custom sound set titled DM’s Classic Adventure, but when I try to update or load it fresh, I still get a previous version.

Any thoughts on why this is happening? Do you need to give it a “bump” as you mentioned? Also, if that works, how can I avoid this from happening again (maybe I’m doing something wrong on my end)?

@acroyear4 I have given that soundset the required nudge.

When you make a change to a soundset in the master interface, that change is immediately represented in the online player the next time you play the modified mood or element.

But for the Fantasy player, we need to wait up to 5-10 minutes for a new snapshot of the soundset to be created that the Fantasy player can download and install.

In the master interface, this icon indicates that a soundset is waiting for a new snapshot to be created:

When that icon disappears, the snapshot should be ready. At that time you should be able to wait 2 minutes for the Fantasy player to automatically discover that an update is available, or you can manually click the Reload button from the settings screen.

If already installed, the soundset should show a red flag in the soundset list to indicate that an update is available. You can install the update from the settings screen. Or even completely clear the current version first, and then download and install it again.

This soundset is actually pretty large, which may have taken longer to generate the snapshots and hit a time limit. My bump seems to have been processed OK, though.

2 Likes

Thank you very much for your help in nudging my custom soundset along, SonofConan! I checked it in the Fantasy Player on my computer, and it is now updated. :slight_smile: And your detailed step-by-step of how the process works was very helpful, so thanks for laying that out for me as I was unaware of this.

I wondered if my soundset was not updating because it had a lot of data in it (gotta have my one shots). If I should create a new soundset in the future, I’ll keep in mind about not going overboard on the amount of elements or one shots I gather together.

Thanks again.