Fantasy Player ignores bluetooth volume slider

I’m configuring a Stream Deck to use with Syrinscape for my in-home games, and so far working great. However, not all moods/sound sets are created equal when it comes to volume output level. One could be just right without adjusting volume, and another could blow out everyone’s eardrums. Ideal setup is to never touch the software once it’s initially loaded and only use the Stream Deck buttons to control audio. I decided to dedicate some buttons to volume up/down, then discovered this issue.

Syrinscape ignores the Windows master volume control and just plays at full volume. It does work when opening the Windows volume mixer and turning the volume down on Syrinscape directly, however I can’t use the Stream Deck buttons to do this.

I did some additional testing, and this only happens when on Bluetooth, which is what I use. Default set to bluetooth before opening the player. I even disabled the built in speakers entirely with the same results.

I am using the Fantasy Player, however the online player has the same issue.

This isn’t something I’ve heard about from anybody else and I know a quite a few people are now using Stream Deck.

@sonofconan any thoughts on this?

Just wanted to point out that this happens with or without the Stream Deck. It’s just what prompted me to notice the problem, as previously I was using the volume slider within Syrinscape, which works as expected.

This is a weird one.

Sounds like something specific to the way you have your audio drivers set up.

@sonofconan are there calls we can make to set the Master Volume in the Master UI remote links etc?

It seems to be the specific Bluetooth device. I realized this morning I have some other BT speakers/headphones I could test with, so I grabbed those and tested.

Master volume control works on everything except the device I use exclusively for this. Of course! lol. So there is something up with this Bluetooth device when used with Windows 10. For the hell of it I hooked it up to my phone and audio controls work fine there.

I may now invest in a sound bar instead of using my old surround receiver with an adapter.

Edit: Found a fix here, in case anyone has a similar issue. May affect other Bluetooth devices.
https://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/windows/forum/windows_10-hardware/bluetooth-volume-broken-after-windows-10-1803/b966b86f-626d-4dbe-8043-5f0f2901c354