Fantasy Player and SciFi Player on the same device - FIXED

Hey, Syrinscape Heroes! So in preparation for playing Starfinder (yes, I know I’m WAAAAAY early, but I just got back from PaizoCon), I finally got around to downloading the SciFi player to my laptop. I already had the Fantasy player installed. When I went to activate the SciFi player, it didn’t recognize that I had already authorized my laptop for the Fantasy version and made me disconnect another device before I could activate the scifi version.

Is that normal behavior or did I do something incorrectly? If it is normal behavior, is there any chance that you could change that? This basically means that I can’t have both players on my laptop and one other device, because that would be seen as four instances of the software running at the same time.

Thanks!

Have you attached an external harddrive? Sometimes the windows authorisation thingie changes the device ID when an external device is added. Syrinscape checks the device ID and wants to rebless the device. And when the device is reblessed all Syrinscape players will work again.
If you eg. disconnect the drive, Syrinscape will most certainly try to rebless the device once again, as the device ID has changed again.

This is not Syrinscape’s fault btw. it’s more of a windows issue.

I haven’t attached an external hard drive, but I will try unblessing the system and reblessing it to see if both players work. Thanks!