Fade in and out

For some reason Syrinscape does this really frustrating thing. I’ll choose a preset track and it will play for awhile (maybe 3-5 minutes) and then it will fade out for a few seconds, then back in for a second, then back out over and over.

It makes it pretty much unusable-- once it starts happening no amount of starting and stopping will fix it.

I’m not sure how to recreate the issue as it occurs seemingly at random.

Hi,

Are you using this on a mobile device? Sounds like maybe you are getting a notification which dips the volume of other apps running on the system for a moment. I think my phone does that. Just mute notifications or temporarily suspend them.

If you are talking about PC… then the culprit might be something like Skype or Discord that also dips volume when it communicates with the system?

Help?

no this is on windows-- no notifications at the time of it occurring.
I am using discord-- but it isn’t set to dip any volume-- to be more clear, the music track stops and the other tracks continue fading in and out as described.

If the program isn’t compatible with Discord, then I’ll have to unsub from it.

There are many many people using Syrinscape with Discord, so yes, it’s compatible.

Can you explain the problem a bit more… is it your broadcast over discord that is dipping volume, or you running it on the same machine as discord running and the sound of Syrinscape on your system is dipping.

Are you running, Syrinscape Online, or the Stand Alone Players?

It’s dipping only in syrinscape-- im using the standalone program (didn’t know there was an online one).

The music track stops repeating usually and the sounds fade to silence for a few seconds and then back in (but not from the same position) then back out.

Again, not really sure whats causing it.

So, this is something we have never seen reported before so:

1. It’s not a known issues with Syrinscape
  2. we are looking for something specific to your device.

I will… and can YOU too, do some searching re game volume dipping on Windows. Syrinscape is built on unity so you could include that in searches.

I will report back here, let me know if you discover any thing., :slight_smile:

We’ll work it out!

my next game session isn’t for another 2 weeks due to vacation-- im going to try out the online player, but i guess my sub isn’t good enough to invite players to it (which is kind of a pain).
Perhaps it helps to go into the setup I’m using (if there is a better one that I am unaware of let me know)

In order to get sound to my players I am running the program called Voicemeter, which is setup to mix the sounds my computer makes along with my microphone to one audio output which is what my Discord app is pointed to.

If your subscription enables you to use the Online player (aka Supersyrin subscription) you just have to encourage your players to register on account with Syrinscape and download the online client for free. Then you won’t be dependent on the voice meter thing. :slight_smile:

I dont have that sub, I have the ‘Dungeons & Dragons’ sub

Ah, okay. Well, my mistake then. I was under the impression that you had the supersub, as you wanted to try the Online player.