Every time use Soundset Creator, my DB file becomes corrupt with empty sample records

Can’t really explain it any other way. I have to clear out the db every time I want to start the Creator of sample records that have no transcoded audio file, and there’s usually dozens. Have reinstalled twice; no issues with any other Syrinscape products. Thanks in advance for any help.

Update: I realized that I’m getting multiple “failed to verify issues in my interface log as well.” Thanks!

You are probably using self-created samples or samples from outside of Syrinscape?
Samples for usage in the soundset creator (that includes music as well as sfx) must be in the correct file format. To upload flawlessly you should use 44.1kHz, 16 bit stereo samples and strip the files of ALL metadata.
Fortunately, Windows 10 has an easy way to do the latter: Right-click on the file properties, choose the details tab and get rid of all tags.

Once you have done that, the creator should work like a charm. :slight_smile:

I wish I was! Nope, these are all 100% stock Syrinscape soundsets. Nothing custom at all. I’ve reviewed all the tutorials and trawled the forums. Every time I open SSC, it gives me the infinite sox.exe open/close loop. So, I exit, clear the empty records in the db, open it back up and it works great except for those files it’s missing/can’t verify. Then, I get done and shut it down. Go to open it up later and same exact scenario. Just double-checked and it’s approximately 250 records each time, I believe it’s the same ones. Help me! lol

So, I lost my patience and uninstalled everything SSC related; then went through and manually deleted some leftover stuff in the Program Files and Appdata. Did a clean reinstall and the problem hasn’t reproduced (yet). Hopefully it stays that way. Since uninstall/reinstall didn’t work previously, I can only assume there was left-over data after the uninstall which was corrupt and persisted through the new installation. I don’t know, but hopefully this experience helps someone else if they’re ever faced with the same problem! Thanks!

1 Like

Just wait until the Creator functions turn on for the Online Player… it’s gonna be soooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo much better!

:bug::hammer:

1 Like