Error starting for the first time - FIXED

So brand new user and just downloaded on both my Galaxy S and my windows laptop and getting the same error

Attention
Syrinscape was not able to download it’s soundset data. Please check your internet connection.

As you can plainly see I have internet connection just fine, why is this not working

Di

1 Like

Hi @dianne, firstly welcome to Syrinscape!! Now there are a few things that you might want to check;

1. On the first install Syrinscape needs to download quite a lot of data, although you may have an internet signal (obvious by the fact you posted here) is it a strong consistent signal? I’d definitely recommend using wi-fi or cable over mobile data.
  2. Have you logged in ok on both devices?
  3. Is your anti-virus program (AVP) blocking the download? Most AVP’s have Syrinscape listed in their whitelists and have no problem but some users do report that certain AVP’s still try to block Syrinscape from running. Check here for more details on that.
  4. Kick the goblins with +3 Boots of Stomping

Hopefully one of those should help you out but if not let us know and we can dig a little deeper. Also do check out the FAQ and ProTips because we have tons of information in there, some of which covers this issue.

I’m having the exact same problem on my iPhone X and my MacBook Pro. The Syrinscape servers since to be having issues at the moment.

I am also having this issue. On iPad, Macbook Pro and a Windows 10 laptop! It works on my phone (Android) and I can install new sets on a different network. My wifi is strong and I could easily browse and download quickly so I know it’s not a connection issue.

Just signed up to monthly Fantasy yesterday - hopefully not in vain. Would rather not have to block my phone off to get sounds.

Im getting a “failed to validate your activated soundsets. Please ensure you are connected to the internet and log in again.” error while using syrinscape on my iphone. Error keeps popping up everytime after I log in. Phone is connected to the Internet. I don’t think it’s an account issue because i can still login and use soundsets on my ipad.

I’m having the same issue. Has Syrinscape responded or acknowledged this issue?

@darrenan yep we responded above. It looks like it’s affecting a few people at the moment but not everybody. The server itself seems to be running fine but something is causing an issue so we’re looking into whats happening. Once the Dev team wake up (Aus) we can try resetting the server to see if that helps.

Unfortunately it looks like we are having some server issues today, which have been passed to our dev team to look into as soon as they get in (Australia)

Thankfully these kind of errors are really rare for us and I can only guess it’s related to the Master/Minion beta testing that’s been going on.

As soon as I get anything more concrete I’ll post an update

Hi all, we are up and looking at this. Stay tuned!

@tai_admin This thread.

We’ve found the problem and are fixing it…

• hammering hammering

And… working!

Everybody good!?!

SORRY ABOUT THAT ONE!!!

2 Likes

Works for me now! Thanks :smiley:

1 Like

Thanks Australian Dev team! Good support guys. Well done.

1 Like

Thank you all fixed now

1 Like

same problem I’m having, is this another server issue, I’m seriously considering other audio app, I was about to purchase sounds even and this happened, is it always like this?

Usually it works like a charm; changing the app’s engine and bringing Syrinscape Online to its final stages can cause hiccups sometimes, this is in no way a permanent problem. Do you get the problems on different devices?
If so, just shoot a message to support@syrinscape.com, they will help to figure it out. :smiley:

It’s the other way around actually, I made a new campaign online on my desktop and tried to sync in on my phone and ipad but it always says we failed to validate your activated soundsets, ensure you are connected to the internet. I have a pretty fast internet so I dont know what the issue is

Making a campaign online isn’t the same as Syrinscape Online player. :wink:

So you can log into the web page, create your campaign, but when you want to log into your devices to synch the created campaigns, that’s when you get the error message, right?
There may be something wrong with your account, so that validating your credentials somehow goes wrong. Unless you want to give it a try again (server was choppy for some time from what i can say) and if it really comes back with the message on all your devices, get in touch with the above mentioned email address.

Have you tried if the desktop players suffer from the same problem?

Hey @copynin8 and @new_vision

Check the other recent posts near the top re server action and keep us up to date on everyone’s experiences.

*clicking furiously