It sounds like something is preventing Syrinscape’s access to the Internet.
Check these common causes
- Do you have access to the internet? Check to see if you can access your browser
- Is your Firewall controlling the Application’s access to the internet? If so then give permission to Syrinscape;
- Is your anti-virus software preventing Syrinscape from running?? Some over zealous programs block Syrinscape, you will need to tell it that Syrinscape is safe;
- Are you accessing the internet through a proxy? That can sometimes confuse the program (make sure you’ve signed in or ask your network admin for help);
- Check your system is not infected by the “GorillaPrice” Adware Virus (or anything else that inserts content into internet content you access) You might see adverts inserted into pages you browse. These malicious programs can prevent Syrinscape running.
- Does your windows Log-In name have any special characters in it? If so try installing under a user with just normal ASCII characters and see if that works. Unity doesn’t cope well with accented letters or symbols