ERROR - First Start - "Syrinscape was not able to load its soundset data"

Same issue here. I have great wifi signal, I tried uninstalling and reinstalling, added firewall rules and even turned my firewall off totally to test and still having same issue.

1 Like

Hey @Benjamin, I am able to log in, but I don’t see any soundsets for my account.

Edit - never mind, restarting the app made them show up

2 Likes

Can you make mine work too??

HI @adamsteinmann3

First give this a try:

1. Shutdown Syrinscape completely
  2. Restart your system
  3. Restart Syrinscape

If you have no luck with that, then check you are running it the best way for the OS:

1. download the DMG and drag the app to /Applications folder (ie don’t run it from inside the DMG)
  2. right click and select open instead of double clicking to launch the first time
  3. if Catalina asks for additional weird permissions (eg to monitor keyboard input), you can deny… We think this is due to the version of Unity this build is running on, and we do NOT and do NOT need to monitor keyboard input while the app is not active
  4. if it appears to be stuck, quit and re-launch the same way

Working now?

Works on my phone, not on my laptop. Keep getting the “not able to load soundset data” message. But, seeing as this thread seems to verify each account has to be approved or something by an administrator before loading the software on a computer…guess I’ll give it some time. But, makes it hard to subscribe if the software won’t work.

Hi @tjsample78

There’s nothing we should need to go to get your device working.

Are you on MAC or PC?

If MAC, have you tried the steps right above your post.

If it’s PC, then that weird! Maybe something is blocking or interfering with your internet access:

1. Firewall
  2. Anti Malware software
  3. a virus (such as GorilaAds which insert ads into webpages)
  4. proxy?

Let us know if anything gets you further! :slight_smile: :smiley:

MAINLY = gotta get that sound working!!!

Well. I just went ahead and got the subscription hoping for the best. Retried and it worked. Yay!

The only issue I’m having at this point is the need to download each sound set in order to have access to it and the system crashes/ freezes when trying to load more than one at a time. Resulting in it having taken over an hour at this point just to load Dungeon of the Mad Mage. It’s not my internet. I already checked and even downloaded a PS4 game to play while trying to get things to load here. However, it seems I have to babysit it since it gets really unhappy when I try clicking through a bunch of sets to load at once. It just won’t. Any tips for this?

@tjsample78

What operating system are you running? How old is the machine?

Installing should be reasonably smooth… I do it all the time… but then, my machine is pretty brutish!

Consider checking out the Online Player:
https://www.syrinscape.com/online/

There are a number of really nice features in that:

1. no need to pre-install sounds
  2. better search function

NOTE: these are features which we will be looking to merge into the Offline players in the coming months… so stay tuned on that front too! :smiley:

I’m running a MacBook Pro from 2016. I will have to check out the online player. May save space on my laptop as well. Considering that I use Beyond for all my D&D needs, I pretty much rely on having a wifi connection anyway. Thanks!

1 Like

@tjsample78 definitely check these things too!

Hi! I am also having this issue. Any chance for a shove?

Hi both, :slight_smile:

This copy and paste from our FAQ.

Trouble getting Syrinscape working on a MAC
We have many people using Syrinscape on Catalina, but, yes, it objects a bit with a few warnings and often blocks the first run.

First give this a try:

1. Shutdown Syrinscape completely
  2. Restart your system
  3. Restart Syrinscape

If you have no luck with that, then check you are running it the best way for the OS:

1. download the DMG and drag the app to /Applications folder (ie don’t run it from inside the DMG)
  2. right click and select open instead of double clicking to launch the first time
  3. if Catalina asks for additional weird permissions (eg to monitor keyboard input), you can deny… We think this is due to the version of Unity this build is running on, and we do NOT and do NOT need to monitor keyboard input while the app is not active
  4. if it appears to be stuck, quit and re-launch the same way
    This is an issue we are working on, and it will be fixed with our next released version.

Helps?

Okay, same problem here. Running Mac Catalina 10.15.5.

I’m clicking on it from my application bar at the bottom (right clicking and selecting “open”), I’ve started and restarted the application and my computer. I get the message to check my internet connection. (connection is fine, everything else works)

I’ve gotten it to work one time, but that’s it. Now I can’t get it to open. I had restarted it because it wasn’t downloading the sound sets once I got in–it just kept saying “queued for download”.

Am I missing something?

I’m having the same issue, but I had an install on another computer. Is there a way to switch to this one?

You can use the Syrinscape Players on up to three different devices so you can always switch between them.

Buuut, a small number of users have just reported a similar issue, we are looking into it at the moment and hope to get it resolved ASAP.

In the meantime, if you have an internet connection where you game you may want to try Syrinscape Online

The online player doesn’t require you to install the soundsets and seems to be working fine :crossed_fingers: :crossed_fingers:

@streetmonk I believe there was an issue during a 1 hour window when daylight savings time ended (in Australia) last night. We’ll make some changes to ensure this particular error doesn’t happen again! :smiley:

1 Like