Emerald Spire & Carrion Crown

I am running two different games, one in Emerald Spire and the other in book one of Carrion Crown. I’m trying to put together my playlist, but it gets overwhelming searching and listening to find the right sounds to use in my playlist. I feel like a kid in a candy store; I definitely need more hours in the day to play. Anyway, I was wondering if anyone else put together a playlist for either adventure. If so, I’d love it if you’d share it.

If you can let me know what kinds of stuff you need, what encounters, what monsters, what areas, I can make recommendations to you!

Thanks HECook. Right now I want to concentrate on Carrion Crown in the haunted prison. The prison burned down about 50 years ago. The prisoners took over and the warden and guards sacrificed themselves keeping the prisoners from escaping. Now the ghosts of the five most notorious prisoners are trying to break out. The warden’s wife also died when she rushed into the prison to find out what happened to her husband and was locked in a room for her safety then forgotten about when the fire started. So lots of haunts, creaking sounds, thumps etc. As well as creep music to help build the tension and terror.

I just discovered some knocking from the Abandoned Lunatic Asylum and cries of “Help me!” which would be good for the area where the wife died. I thought there was a “Let me out!” but I can’t find it. The downloaded program seems to only be able to search for one word. :frowning:

Emerald Spire is a dungeon crawl and that party is only in the first level fighting goblins. I haven’t had a chance to read much past that to see what the other levels have so I’ll have to get back with you on that. I know there are lots of goblin soundsets.

I want to try and find some battle music I can alternate for each group. Emerald Spire, being a dungeon crawl, can be kind of generic battle music. Carrion Crown is six books and deals with ghosts, werewolves, Frankenstein, vampires, all old scary monster movies so I want scary, creepy, on the edge of your seat stuff.

I hope that helps. Thanks for your help and anyone else who adds ideas for me to use.

Carrion Crown:

Ok, so the Strange Aeons adventure path should be a good place to start, as it’s chock-full of creepy atmosphere. Also the Elements - Horror set has multiple layers of tension that can be changed and adjusted. The In Search of Sanity set (Prison of the Mind) takes place in a creepy asylum, which is similar enough to a prison for some sounds. Also Misgivings House and Deserted House are two sets with many abandoned/creepy elements and ghostly flourishes (and one-shots!)

For the warden’s wife, the Misgivings House set has several sounds and one-shots for Iesha Foxglove, a ghost who was trapped in the house. There are screams and pleading. Haunted Heart also has some good similar elements and one-shots.

I can also recommend a little for the second part of Carrion Crown (as I hopped into a play-by-post game at the start of the second chapter). Magnimar is one for Lepidistadt, and also several of the Korvosa sets from Curse of the Crimson Throne would suit. Investigating the Beast in Morag leads you to a swamp village and an encounter with a blood caiman, so the Gator Swamp would be good for that. Some of your investigations might lead you to a university library, so Library of Arcana is good for that, and any investigations into the Chymic Works could include the Mad Scientist’s Lab.

For Emerald Spire - Goblin Battle, Dungeon Depths, Goblin Arrows (from Lost Mind of Phandelver) should all be enough to get your started!

Let me know what else you need! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Wow! Thank you so much. You have been a huge help. Thanks.

3 Likes

@HECook is as awesome as always! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@HECook shiny shiny genius!!! :old_key: :pizza: :dog: :sunny:

1 Like

Is Syrinscape ever going to make a soundtrack for all 16 levels of Pathfinder’s Emerald Spire Mega-Dungeon?

That adventure was published back in 2014 so it’s not one we have planned I’m afraid.

A 16 level mega-dungeon sounds perfect for a community built project. One of the great things about Syrinscape Online is that any Supersyrin subscriber can build it and have it shared with the community. Different people could even work on different levels

Can I call dibs on making it?

2 Likes

How does one go about the process of building soundboards?

Are you talking about the community soundsets? Or the quick access buttons with peripherals?

There is the Syrinscape Creator, if you are a Supersiren subscriber, to make your own soundsets.