Elements continuing to play after Stop button pressed

I am noticing what I think is a bug in the new Web Player. It seems that the “stop” button doesn’t fully work. Sometimes, when starting a Mood, and then stopping, or switching to another Mood, One or more of the elements from the previous Mood continue to play.

It certainly feels like there is always a big lag before sounds stop.

Ah, so maybe it’s just a really slow fade? I’ll test that, but it seemed like I hit stop, and most of the sound stopped, except for one element. It was one of the moods from Ghosts of Saltmarsh, so all the sounds stopped, except for the creaking of rigging. Strange.

Has there been any momentum on this? I often play sounds and when I hit stop, sometimes nothing happens, and sometimes all but a sound or two keeps going. I have to press refresh to fix it.

Syrinscapes sounds are set to slow fade when you hit stop rather than an immediate stop. Its purposefully built to fade the sounds out so that they overlap with any new moods started.

So in the case you mention above, when you hit stop the sounds will fade out and stop playing once the sample reaches the end of it’s duration. It is most likely a case that Creaking rigging is a long sample and so takes longer to reach the end

1 Like