Elements carried over does not continue - RESOLVED

Might have found a bug. If you play a mood and change to another mood that includes the same element, the element in question stops playing when it reaches its end.

Example:
I have a musical element in one of my moods. It’s 2 minutes long. After 1 minute I change to another mood. This new mood also includes the same musical element, so it continues playback of that element (as designed I guess), to play it from the point where I changed moods. When it reaches it’s end it seems as if the online player has forgotten that it was initialized (this happened in another mood) and it stops playing.

@bjornsundell From how you describe it, it sounds that, after the playlist has played every element in it, it stops repeating. Does this happen, if you have more than one element in the said music element?

I don’t know. The Element playlist that I used only has one sample in it. Need to try it out with more than one. Either way, it still shouldn’t do that, right?

Correct. I try to reproduce it, but it doesn’t do that for me. Are you sure that the “repeat playlist” is checked? And which version are you on? I think i recall you uninstalled the new version and went back to a previous one - or am i mistaken?

Didn’t revert - it was a windows link and I need it for iMac.

Thanks for having me take a look. It seems that if the playlist is set to Randomized - the “Repeat when playlist is exhausted” option is greyed out. And it was set to that. I tried changing to shuffle and then it worked. Why is it greyed out in Randomized?

Beats me. It shouldn’t. Maaaaaybe this is the bug you are looking for… :wink:

What is the “Delay between samples” set at? Randomizing the playlist shouldn’t stop playing repeatedly.

As far as I know randomize plays picks a random sample in the element playlist, since it isn’t checking to see if you played everything once you shouldn’t need the repeat function. Example: I’ve had randomize play the same sample twice in a row. It seems the bug happens when only one sample is in the playlist or a combination of one sample plus changing moods.

That seems to be it. I’ve got it running now. Thanks for all your help and insights.

1 Like