Elements are copies not 'instances'...so they are not synced across Soundsets?

I have an Element called ‘Dark’ that contains various dark sounding ambiences (surprise!). I have that Element saved in what might be considered to be a Master Soundset (i.e. contains all the common elements that I use).

I add the ‘Dark’ Element to most new soundsets via the Library as I prepare for future games with different requirements, however, sometimes my players return to locations that use soundsets built months ago. Today I realised that the ‘old’ versions of the ‘Dark’ Element in those Soundsets are not synced with the updated ‘Dark’ Element in the Master Soundset.

Is there any way to make these sync? I had assumed that if you had added the Element from the library then it would be an instance of the Element and not a copy? I would really prefer this functionality because some of these Elements are generic and I want to gradually improve them over time, but not have to go into a dozen or more Soundsets and replace the Element in each one every time I add a few new pieces of music or ambience to an Element.

[edit] I have sent this to Support too and will update the post here with any answer.

[edit 2] The answer is no, elements are not instances, so they don’t currently sync. It would be a useful feature to allow syncing or instances so that you can curate a generic playlist that is used over and over without having to go back and update it individually in every Soundset that uses it (e.g. adventure, dungeon, tavern, combat playlists).

Interesting post. :slight_smile:

I’ll put this in my brain.

What you’d probably want is a function to make an element the SAME as another element.

OR just make an element be able to be a MIRROR of another element.

Interesting one… any one else using Syrinscape like this?

2 Likes

I do it also. Even tried using Global Elements but became to large to manage

1 Like

@benjamin, thanks for responding! I think many people would find a use for it. In DnD there are some generic situations that come up over and over again where it’s going to be pretty useful to keep those playlists always up to date. Combat is a very obvious one. I add this mood to literally every SoundSet (you can never guarantee that your players wont manage to start a fight!).

It seems a bit unnecessary to have dozens of unique ‘Combat’ Moods spread over dozens of sounds sets with no easy way to keep them all up to date (going back and manually updating them all will just become increasingly unwieldy).