Thanks for the reply @sonofconan. Hopefully we can sort this out
So first let me say I have zero experience with the app. I signed up for an account specifically to use the online player so I don’t really have a point of reference for any of the interface or behaviors there.
That’s problematic just because the documentation for the online player account is… lacking. As I’m sure you’re aware.
I mean… the “Help” link in the drop-down menu of the master interface literally loads a blank screen.
I understand that it’s still a beta product, but as someone who has only ever interacted with the online player, the workflow isn’t clear at all - which is frustrating.
Regarding soundsets & campaigns: The only way I can see to add a soundset I’ve created to a campaign is to leave the online master interface, open a new browser window and go to the “Your Campaigns” link on the website, make a new campaign entry, search for a soundset (and hope that the one I created shows up) and then add it.
What I’m saying is that I see no way to add a soundset to a campaign (or create a campaign) without leaving the online master interface… and that’s majorly annoying.
Since I can create a soundset from within the master online interface, I don’t see why I shouldn’t also be able to create/manage campaigns from there, or at the very least add a soundset to an existing campaign.
And again, having no frame of reference from working with the app versions of Syrinscape, it took me a good 45 minutes to figure out that I needed to exit the master interface to do those things since there is no indication anywhere within the master interface as to how I could do those things.
Additionally (while I’m already airing grievances ha) - my private soundsets show up at the top of the soundset list by default from within the master interface (which makes sense and is convenient) but from the campaign manager they show up either at the very bottom. This is also silly and annoying. Particularly if I don’t remember exactly what I named a soundest, so searching doesn’t help much.
Duplication of SFX Elements: Let me see if I can break this down a bit, because the issue I’m experiencing only somewhat lines up with the bug you said has been addressed.
I’m definitely not having issues with the Online Player crashing (at least not while doing this, but that’s a different thread that I haven’t started yet).
Here’s what I’m doing (via Firefox v69.0.1 on MacOS 10.14.6 in case that matters):
- Create new campaign via “Your Campaigns”.
- Launch the online master interface.
- Click the “plus” button to create a new soundset
- Either searching the library for SFX/Music elements and adding them to the new soundset OR copying moods from existing soundsets into the new soundset I created.
- Closing the existing soundset(s).
- Open the newly created soundset that has the moods/elements I previously copied over.
- Clicking a mood (or creating a new blank mood - doesn’t seem to matter) within that soundset.
- Activating the elements I want playing in the mood I’ve selected, modifying them (volume levels, delays, reverb preset etc)
- Once I’ve got that mood doing what I want, I click the “Save Current State” button in the property inspector
- The interface refreshes, and suddenly one or more of the elements in the soundset have been duplicated. And occasionally, some elements that I had made a point of deleting from the soundset entirely not only re-appear, but they start playing when I activate that mood even though they had been stopped or deleted when I saved the current state of that mood.
Once I’ve saved the mood state, and then deleted of the individual duplicated elements, things seem to go fine so long as I don’t make further changes to the mood and then click “save current state” again.
The only time I’m using the “copy mood to soundset” function is when I’m initially populating the new soundset by using a few existing moods as inspiration. After that I may add one or two elements individually by searching the library.
Hopefully I’m dense and there’s something I’m doing wrong that you can point out to me that I missed because just wasn’t in the documentation.
I believe that covers it, but certainly let me know if you need further info. I could probably make time to do a screen recording or something if that helps.