Dragon of Icespire Peak Sound Set?

Hello! I’m definitely enjoying the current sound sets available and look forward to using these in my games.

I’m starting up an adventure using the D&D Essentials Kit and think I can get by with the sound set created for the Lost Mines of Phandelver.

That said, are there any plans to create a full adventure set for the Dragon of Icespire peak adventure?
And to add onto this, are there plans to create sets for the follow up adventures: Storm Lord’s Wrath, Sleeping Dragon’s Wake, & Divine Contention?

Thanks for the awesome work so far!

1 Like

Funny you ask… Dragon of Icespire Peak has just been finished and is in the approval process. So expect it to be around VERY SOON! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

That makes me super happy to hear!
Thank you!

2 Likes

Since you are a sub @michaelv377 I’ll be VERY happy to turn on a pre-release version as soon as it goes in for approval.

Bump me here later this week. :slight_smile: :smiley:

1 Like

This is great news! My group will be starting Dragon of Icespire Peak when we finish Dungeon of the Mad Mage! Level 21/23 of the dungeon, so almost there! :slightly_smiling_face:

Would it be too impatient of me to bump you at this point in the week?
Just prepping for my game tomorrow and wanted to give a test run of the sounds.
If I have to wait an extra week, no sweat!

Hey I just saw the DoIP soundset in the creator for review. I’m playing this campaign with my daughter and she is about to leave on her first mission TONIGHT, so the timing is perfect! I’ll let you know how it goes. She’s off to go visit some gnomes…

First immediate thought on running Gnomengarde with the current sound-set: the atmospherics are good when one isn’t interacting with the gnomes or fighting the mimic, but it needs more. A sound-hit for mimic movements plus some of the elements from the current mimic-fight sound set would be helpful (I just added the mimic fight to my campaign to compensate). The cross-bow device wielded by a somewhat insane gnome woman also seems like a choice opportunity for some fun sound effects, and is missing. So presently, Gnomengarde has only the faint sounds of a few gnomes when one is approaching the kitchen, and otherwise has nothing of the Gnomes (sleeping, guarding, in their workshop, the mad-king’s room), nothing of the Cross-bow Device fight, and nothing of the mimic.

The rest of the DoIP sound-sets look fantastic (I went through and previewed them), but the Gnomengarde mission could use a little love.

I saw the preview was pushed to subscribers as well and decided to give it a run with my group.

They decided to adventure down to the Dwarven Encampment, and the sounds there are excellent. The impending doom, the subtle sounds of jellies off in the distance really helped set the mood for the table.
I had players who were cautiously taking every step and I feel the audio had a big part in it.
So far, I don’t find anything that doesn’t line up for this encounter and it’s working great. Thanks for the awesome work you guys do!

If it’s not too greedy to ask, are there any plans for the next three adventures after Dragon of Icespire Peak? I plan to continue to those after my party has finished this one. They’re currently live on DnD Beyond.

Ditto here on my interest in the other three adventures that follow on from DoIP! Some really interesting encounters there that would make for good soundsets (Star Spawn Manglers, Lizardfolk with a Flail Snail, a Death Knight, etc.)

Ok so I don’t know how to share something with other SuperSyrin subscribers, but I made an adapted set of moods for Gnomengarde to reflect a few more of the combat scenarios plausibly occurring there. It draws from the Mimic battle and Gnomeland Security, so there shouldn’t be any copyright issues (I didn’t load any of my own sounds for this).

Doubtless someone with a more experienced hand could do a better job with these, but there is at least now a Mimic battle (with and without gnomes present), an option to have gnome sounds playing while in the inner caves (e.g. the dorm or workshop or royal chamber), and an option for somewhat amusing gnome combat apart from the mimic (meant for use with the crossbow apparatus, though admittedly the sounds of the combat are not carefully chosen for this).

In my Soundset Creator it is titled “dip Dwarves, gnomes, and umbrage -review (Updated)”, and I’m happy for others to use it or further modify it to improve it (though again I don’t know how to share a modified soundset nor am I sure I can even do that with official but not-yet-released materials).

How many extra moods did you create? The reason for the mimic battle not being in was to keep the mood count managable. But I will gladly take a look once I am back from Essen. :sunglasses::grinning:

I think I added 4, but honestly if you just add a few of the mood elements from the gnomeland security it’s easy enough for a DM to manually add them to the “inside” locations as needed (rather than making a whole mood for that).

The mimic missing is kind of problematic since it is THE big-bad of that mission / adventure. So I’d say you should at minimum add a mimic fight. I stuck the hoedown music in there on mine for “gnome’s celebrating” option and because it’s just hilarious as background for any combat involving gnomes, but that would also be pretty optional.

1 Like

I’m continuing to go through and test the various soundsets. So far so good, but (at least for me), the Tower of Storms “Moesko Battle” mood doesn’t have any associated elements – or at least when I click on it, nothing happens.

Ok that’s weird. The mood plays just fine in the Fantasy Player; it’s only in the online player / soundset creator that it won’t play for me.

Seems like the Review copy has been removed?
I checked last night and saw/tested the sounds.

Have a session tonight and I can’t find them in the searches.

Me too, what happened to Icespire Peak?

Any idea when this will show up? Currently running this adventure and would like to add sound elements to it.

• embarrassed toe drawing int he dirt

Soooo… we accidentally had this visible to all our subs, before it was officially approved by Wizards. So we’ve switched it off just for the moment.

It will VERY SOON be approved again and our Subscribers will be the FIRST to see it light up again!

Sorry for the confusion and any inconvenience. :

Also, @michaelv377 @guitardonrusso @zacheastwood look out for an email from me. :wink: